Transfer save file from PC to iOS

Platform
iOS

unenergizer

Hey my last thread got closed, so sorry for not posting there. I made a lot of progress on my character last night on the computer. Now I want to take it on the go with me.

For some reason the process doesn’t work in reverse (PC to iOS). I can transfer the files just fine but when I try to import the file it says it’s worked correctly but my character is missing.

Edit: clicked the folder icon on my phone and it says incompatible save!

Last edited:

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Edit: clicked the folder icon on my phone and it says incompatible save!
Hi, there's one serious issue with iOS. :(

iOS version is older, and isn't updated to the last version of game. In short, the reason is Apple's policy about software updates.

So, when you moved game to PC, which does have latest update, your save files are changed to latest version and now iOS version of game doesn't recognize them. :(

I don't think that there's any solution to this, except that you continue to play game on PC only. Or, let go of advancements you have made.

unenergizer

What do you mean? My apps on iPhone update all the time. Not sure how it could be a policy issue. I know it’s a “pita” to do the iOS build with libgdx. I was able to get it playing again on my phone. I’m guessing the breaking part of save’s doesn’t happen until the later content in the game.

I’ve been programming for over 10 years, I could help update the project if needed.

VDX_360

Staff member
Several years ago, Apple drastically changed its polices on software, engines, etc that could be used on apps on the Apple market. That meant a large number of indie developers were forced to switch to Apply approved tools. For EK, that means the game would have to be re-built from the ground up using Apply approved tools.

Not really feasible.

unenergizer

Several years ago, Apple drastically changed its polices on software, engines, etc that could be used on apps on the Apple market. That meant a large number of indie developers were forced to switch to Apply approved tools. For EK, that means the game would have to be re-built from the ground up using Apply approved tools.

Not really feasible.
EK is built with libGDX a game programming framework that is made for desktop, android, ios, and html/gwt.

See here deploying to iOS. All the tools are free. The worst thing that could happen is you have to update your maven/gradle configuration. You need a Mac to deploy but you can get around this with a second hand device, a hackintosh, or using a cloud based virtual machine.

Like I mentioned previously I’ve been a programmer for over a decade now, I could help. The game does not have to be reprogrammed or rebuilt from the ground up.

Also I’m not here to cause trouble, just a fan of the game. And willing to lend personal time to help.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
I'm sure that David, the developer, have tried a lot of things to make it work on iOS. Maybe, when he will have more time to look at EK, as he is now very busy with Archaelund, he revisit it. I just know that after many attempts to update iOS to the latest version, he didn't have success. :(