Heavyhand 1

My traits are
Str 5+1
End 3
Agi 2
Int 2
Awa 2
Per 2

I have 24 armor 25 fire res 50 death res 45 poison res 29 sun res no ice res no lightning res
Dps of 26.7
Weapon: Icicle Shield: Scutum
Full plate armor
Iron will mantle Cape
Girdle of might
Ring of health and ilmaran signet ring
Blessed necklace

My questions:
I want ring of bull so I am farming the wyvern mountains for emeralds, but the rates are so freaking low i don't think its worth it, then again the exp i gain is pretty decent, should I continue farming wyvern mountains until a certain level? Or do i farm the maze, does my skill or/and traits need a major change? Should i be looking out for some better and stronger armor/weapons that i can get in my level? Should i go 2h instead of 1h? No progress on amarisa quest, found out one blackshard is in frigurd but where are the rest? Is my level enough to progress and finish the quest?
This is all my questions for now

Mod Note: Added spoiler tag for organization

VDX_360

Staff member
Your questions can be answered by using everyone's favorite tool, the Wiki. There's even a button to go there on the top of the screen. But let's see if we can sort them out here.

1) It's totally player choice if you want to go for a Ring of the Bull. It's one of the more annoying items to try to get due to the farm issue. You could much quicker go for the Amulet of Dark Whispers.
2) As you explore new areas, you should find better equipment. I tend to only buy the occasional piece. All the good stuff is from drops anyways.
3) If you like 1-H Warrior, stay with it. As long as you're making reasonable progress in the game, the build is fine. It's totally a player choice thing.
4) Finding Amarisa is a long term thing. You'll stumble across hints here-and-there, but you won't find her till the end of the game.
5) There are lots of blackshards in the game. Some are fixed drops from strong enemies, often hidden away in dungeons. Some are random drops form Rumor Bosses (randomly appear on the world).

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
That I can think of the only time it's REALLY worth buying a weapon for yourself is if you're very low level and you happen upon a trader who'll sell you a Sword of Flame or Shock or somesuch. It'll make a crazy amount of difference at the start. Armour wise, some of the Belts from the respective Guild traders are also top-notch until very late game; and Trader Orac (later the Golem) sell Explorer Gauntlets and Ring of the Trader and both of them are great items for the price and early availability. But 99.9999% of the time you'll be selling equipment not buying it.

Potions and Scrolls can be worth buying though.

VDX_360

Staff member
Buying the odd amour item if you're flush with gold can help. Often I buy a chaimmail piece here or there in the early game. If you are pushing the game at a decent pace you might reach pretty far with few decent armor drops. But you tend to find enough that buying plate or better is a waste. Random drops can be random so you might find yourself short decent stuff.

But yeah, if you get a chance to buy the Sword of Flame ultra early and you have the gold, it makes a big difference. Not only is tier above early game items, the fire damage will let you take on trolls sooner. Alternative you can dive for the flame sword in the cauldron. but that tends to require out of game knowledge, or some very curious exploring.

SerHamiltonShitfoot

if you want emeralds then the elementals under lannegar mine or the shadows in the forbidden pit drop the most. at your level you will need a weapon with spirit damage to make it halfway through the pit. the first time you get destroyed by a dark presence you'll put off coming back... but the myrosian armor, emeralds, xp, and gold are too much to ignore. you'll find a way.