Censoring? Really?

Xen

Loreseeker
deadcorpze":arqjfapy said:
But someone rebumped an old thread "princess of the sea - question" and it's not yet locked :v/

Someone recently asked a question relevant to it so David and the others answered but that kind of thread should also be locked and then ask again using another thread but unfortunately moderators are also human and they can't easily track every post in this forum that is bumped or being necro-ed. It is okay to bump threads which are a month or two old but not the ones which are almost half of a year old.

VDX_360

Staff member
pedrinho":kvv5g3bg said:
I am just upset about the rules - and the way they are applied, with those "warnings".

I agree... On a second look, I likely would have sent Pedrinho a PM about being cautious with re-floating old topics. While the "warning" was designed to be polite and friendly, I can see how it comes off more stern than intended. PM's are more friendly to read, which is why I used to use more often for minor stuff when a "warning" seems overkill. In this case, I simply did the 2+2 = 4 equation with the thread being old, stale and self-bumped. Not wrong in a technical sense, but not the most helpful way to moderate the forum. So, I owe the user an friguld rum for coming off harsher than intended.

DavidBVal":kvv5g3bg said:
VDX_360 applied the forum rules flawlessly...

I going to disagree slightly. While the rule was applied as filter properly, I could have easily sent a PM to the user, as described above or included a more useful Mod Note in the thread that helped explain the issue and the expectation (similar to how the Mage Thread's were locked recently). If a forum user is feeling confused and frustrated, than there is a better way to moderate.

So, this isn't a case of needing more forum rules, so much as me getting back in the habit of sending informal PM's to users for minor things rather than using the formal sounding warning system. It's important to tidy up the minor violations (wrong category, entire full quotes, necro posts etc) because that helps keep the forum in good shape for users, but in this case, I could have done it better.

pedrinho":kvv5g3bg said:
About the main, original "bump" subject, I will try a poverty run and let you guys know if I ever pass level 6 lol

Several forum users have completed most, if not, all of the game so there's some tips to be gleaned. I look forward to reading your thread, which someone got lost in the warning issue.

pedrinho

Translator
Thank you very, very much, VDX_360! You are a class act man!

Sorry for all the drama, and keep up your good work!

EDIT: Now I have no doubts about what David said about your work as a moderador, man. You own my respect!