Beta Feedback thread for update 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's time again for testing a Beta version of Exiled Kingdoms. It has been years since the last, I really missed this interaction with the players!

EDIT: please read! Most of the crashes and errors in dialogues are fixed in build 1154. Before reporting a "major" bug please make sure you have updated to latest Beta.

The purpose of this topic is reporting issues (or just general feedback) with the Beta update 1.3 from May 2021. All feedback is welcome: Crashes, imbalances, errors, typos... or, hopefully, some "quest X worked fine" posts, even.

Here is all the information about the update, including how to become a tester: https://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/in...-be-available-for-android-beta-testers.18016/

Update is already rolling out on Play Store and Steam for Testers, last build is 1160

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
I've noticed scrolls of detection on hard are not 3 in 4 odds of detecting secrets it's more like 1 in 3
I've noticed a similar pattern but I --think-- it's working as intended, even if the Wiki is vague.

@DavidBVal , Can you confirm the level bonus / malus applies to Scrolls of Detection / Thelume's Wisdom? If so than the 75% base rate would get reduced by secrets higher level than the player. That could result in the observed pattern. If that's the case, I can do a quick update on the Wiki to clear that up.

If the malus doesn't apply, than there might be an issue, or just bad RNG luck.

I don't think David changed the secret detection stats in the beta so that shouldn't be a factor???

VDX_360

Staff member
Feedback Golem Trader Trait Checks:
It seems odd to have two identical trait checks in the dialogue with the golem trader (both INT 2).
Perhaps make the trait to trade an INT 1, and keep the trait check for history as INT 2.
You don't have to be that smart to ask to pay someone for information???

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks everyone for the last pages of info and feedback, I'll work through everything being reported/suggested.

Also I want to ask if anyone has tried the new Combustion and Death Cloud skills, and in particular if the mana cost seems to high (I tried it a bit and maybe it's too high)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I've noticed a similar pattern but I --think-- it's working as intended, even if the Wiki is vague.

@DavidBVal , Can you confirm the level bonus / malus applies to Scrolls of Detection / Thelume's Wisdom? If so than the 75% base rate would get reduced by secrets higher level than the player. That could result in the observed pattern. If that's the case, I can do a quick update on the Wiki to clear that up.

If the malus doesn't apply, than there might be an issue, or just bad RNG luck.

I don't think David changed the secret detection stats in the beta so that shouldn't be a factor???

Character level should NOT be a factor when using scrolls.

Feedback Golem Trader Trait Checks:
It seems odd to have two identical trait checks in the dialogue with the golem trader (both INT 2).
Perhaps make the trait to trade an INT 1, and keep the trait check for history as INT 2.
You don't have to be that smart to ask to pay someone for information???

Good catch, changed.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
you can get more than enough reputation if you do all the varannari quests
i am the best hunter in the world +3
prisoner of orcs +4
the price of freedom +9
human resources +8
if you give ruun the damaged wolf pelt you get +2
and there's also a new quest father of wolves that gives you +5 i think?
anyway don't expect a peaceful turn of events if you sided with slavery

This.

The two "important" ones, Price of Freedom and Human Resources are the only essential ones and they're no joke, you kill or enslave innocent people that were not hostile to you in the first place, they even ask for your help. Expecting no consequences and being able to get an awesome weapon like Wild Thunder plus 3K gold at level 6 and then enjoy the trust of their people and reap those rewards as well is not going to happen. I understand the content has been added later and all that... but come on, this is not like if I made you pick door A / door B and then arbitrarily punish your characters, it was a given that eventually Varannari would be relevant (I even added a reputation number to track!)

I explain this again here for the second time because I'm getting private messages and emails about the same subject, I am sorry that there's 2 quests out of the 97 that are not completable due to certain choices, but this is the way that makes the game better.

Streets ahead

This.

The two "important" ones, Price of Freedom and Human Resources are the only essential ones and they're no joke, you kill or enslave innocent people that were not hostile to you in the first place, they even ask for your help. Expecting no consequences and being able to get an awesome weapon like Wild Thunder plus 3K gold at level 6 and then enjoy the trust of their people and reap those rewards as well is not going to happen. I understand the content has been added later and all that... but come on, this is not like if I made you pick door A / door B and then arbitrarily punish your characters, it was a given that eventually Varannari would be relevant (I even added a reputation number to track!)

I explain this again here for the second time because I'm getting private messages and emails about the same subject, I am sorry that there's 2 quests out of the 97 that are not completable due to certain choices, but this is the way that makes the game better.
It does make it better and it let's people reroll characters which is a lot of fun.

VDX_360

Staff member
... but come on, this is not like if I made you pick door A / door B and then arbitrarily punish your characters...
Says the old School Dungeon Master that hides a Level 18 lich behind every door.... :)

I get people are annoyed by having quests go into limbo but as discussed in the forum for years, the game is designed so choices have consequences. Some of them may be a pain. But hey, that's why you can replay the game.

I also think people trying to bring their super-builds into the new content is problematic. A Level 30 character with end-game equipment and quest choices isn't a good way to assess the validity of the new content.

Human Resources is difficult to defend. If you capture the innocent people, you are clearly the bad guy. So yeah, you could get away with it for years to get a strong weapon really early ( see here) but it was always an evil thing to do.

The Price of Freedom is a bit more difficult as you are stuck choosing between "good" and "lawful" because you can't be both. It's a tough role-play choice but it's a defining choice. Either you stand with the indigenous people, or you help oppress them. No much room for a middle ground.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Says the old School Dungeon Master that hides a Level 18 lich behind every door.... :)

I get people are annoyed by having quests go into limbo but as discussed in the forum for years, the game is designed so choices have consequences. Some of them may be a pain. But hey, that's why you can replay the game.

I also think people trying to bring their super-builds into the new content is problematic. A Level 30 character with end-game equipment and quest choices isn't a good way to assess the validity of the new content.

Human Resources is difficult to defend. If you capture the innocent people, you are clearly the bad guy. So yeah, you could get away with it for years to get a strong weapon really early ( see here) but it was always an evil thing to do.

The Price of Freedom is a bit more difficult as you are stuck choosing between "good" and "lawful" because you can't be both. It's a tough role-play choice but it's a defining choice. Either you stand with the indigenous people, or you help oppress them. No much room for a middle ground.
Well, there is a middle ground solution for Price of Freedom, the one in which you convince them to leave. In that case you can still complete the Last of the Legion quest by paying the hundred pelts and reach 25 reputation. You can even miss some of the minor rep boosts by taking this road.

VDX_360

Staff member
General Feedback: Lannegar Mine new areas (lumped together).

Equipment Seems Balanced.
Equipment: The common drops (Screaming Mace, Skeletal Bow) seem well balanced for when you can first reasonable get them.
The rare drops (Lord's Fist, Lady Finger, Golem Fist) are a notch above but not overly powerful. It seems the first two are unique drops so you get one chance at getting them?

Maybe add Scroll of Recall as a drop item, if it isn't already. Nothing like getting stuck in the Ancient City with low life and realizing you have to fight through the haunted mine to escape. Oh, that poor Level 10 warrior. He died so that others may learn to bring a Scroll of Recall.

I like the number the mushrooms in the Ancient City.

Status
Not open for further replies.