Sound bug and lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azog

Hi, im playin on paid and current version . Everytime after around 15 mins gameplay the game doesnt play several sounds anymore and also starts lagging slightly. It also would be nice when you add foot step sounds for the main char.

Playing on Xperia E4, Android 4.4

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for reporting, never seen that behavior before. Anyone else getting such performance problems after several minutes playing?

Azog

Seems to happen on area change, also begins with shutting sounds down like enemy hit noise, until theres no sound anymore. Then i need to restart app.

abstractsense

Loreseeker
It's not a time thing for me, it's about zoning/changing music. The background music can change maybe twice before the music cuts out completely.

Ninja'd

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, will make some code changes and see if it gets fixed in .871. doesn't happen to me, so I can't be sure myself.

Azog

Thats weird. The sound problem now seems to have changed almost everytime into a crash. The crash occurs every 5 to 10 times of area change, especially funny when you leave a cleared maze...

I also cant send you any crash reports, since i only come back to the home screen.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Comm4nder":t019y1yg said:
Thats weird. The sound problem now seems to have changed almost everytime into a crash. The crash occurs every 5 to 10 times of area change, especially funny when you leave a cleared maze...

I also cant send you any crash reports, since i only come back to the home screen.

That's so strange, but a forceclose to home without any kind of message is almost always an "out of memory" error. Maybe you have other music/sound apps in the background?

In any case, I made the whole music code much cleaner and safer, I hope it helps with these problems :(

.871 will be out around wednesday, maybe earlier.

Azog

Thanks, my phone got 1gb ram and there is only the system apps running in the background.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Just to add my problems with frequent and random crashes.

Not sure if it is sound related, but it could be. I just end out of the game, without any error and have to use last saved game. In some areas you can't save, so I needed to play some quests over and over, just to avoid this error.

My phone is Xiaomi Redmi 1S (1GB RAM), so I also started thinking that it is somehow related to too small memory.

As I don't know why that happens, it would be help if there would be some way to prevent such behavior on devices with low memory, if it is memory related.

If there is a way to record what's happing, please instruct what I need to do to give report.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Alan_SP":353etxja said:
Just to add my problems with frequent and random crashes.

Not sure if it is sound related, but it could be. I just end out of the game, without any error and have to use last saved game. In some areas you can't save, so I needed to play some quests over and over, just to avoid this error.

My phone is Xiaomi Redmi 1S (1GB RAM), so I also started thinking that it is somehow related to too small memory.

As I don't know why that happens, it would be help if there would be some way to prevent such behavior on devices with low memory, if it is memory related.

If there is a way to record what's happing, please instruct what I need to do to give report.

Your phone should be handling the game just fine, 1Gb RAM is enough.

I am going to optimize RAM as much as I can for .871, and also add some RAM usage information to the logs. I am really sorry you are experiencing this, but I really did no changes in these last versions that should make the game use more memory. After next update, we'll see if it gets better.

Until then, reduce the sounds volume to zero and tell me if it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.