Lv. 8 Ironman Cleric -vs- Lady Xidar, Surtag, Tyogos

VDX_360

Staff member
Ian Skylark":2albazgc said:
Maybe if I'd given him a bow I might've had an easier time.
Yes and No... Adaon with a bow, in theory can rain death down while the bad guys focus on you. If they do that, than it's an easy fight. However, what seems to happen is the bad guys focus on Adaon and kill him quickly, leaving you high-and-dry when it's time to close for melee. Of course, I haven't tried taking on all three in a few updates, so enemy AI might react differently now.

You might be able to keep the bad guys focused on you by engaging any that try to move towards Adaon... hmm... worth experimenting.

Ian Skylark

VDX_360":3irnaq51 said:
However, what seems to happen is the bad guys focus on Adaon and kill him quickly, leaving you high-and-dry when it's time to close for melee.

Oh, no you're right. I completely forgot that using a bow tends to grab the bad guys attention. It's a little unfortunate that it does that, if I'd brought one along this video might've never been released.

It's a little embarrasing to say the only class I've really played on is Cleric, so that detail slipped my mind. I'll get around to the others.... eventually

phaolo

Loreseeker
Btw, the Wiki wrong, then.
It says that the "Tiara of the Heavens" drops only if you defeat Druid Tyogos and Swordmaster Surtag before defeating Lady Xidar.

EDIT: ok, quest updated.