Adamantite Greatsword or Axe of the Minotaur Kings ?

younsomoom

Finished The Lost Kingdom quest and for the reward I have to choose axe or the mantle.

If I choose the axe then I have to compare it with my current weapon (adamantite greatsword). So for the weapon which one is overall better? Just for dps it seems the axe give over 4.5 boost. However, Adamantite have Banishing V attribute compare to Vicious I for Axe.

Argarath

You mean Axe or Cloak? The axe will help quite a bit in the Ark until you found the Pneumotic Mallet which was much better. The cloak will help a bit until you find the Force Belt also in Ark and will be given to companion. So either choice are not for long term, but at least the cloak can be used by companion.
Unfortunately I do not have the axe so struggled a bit at the beginning of Ark until I figured a few things out along the way

younsomoom

It seems I can kill the king to get both..I will think about this option after finishing 30 emeralds task.

Argarath

Haha killing the Minotaur king is frown upon. Then again, if you would have killed him and got the weapon early (lvl 13-15 or so), it would be a great addition. At your level, there are soon to be better option. However, if you are a collector by all mean do the deed. I did not kill him and hoping for later content to make him/Minotaur race relevant to future gameplay somehow

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
younsomoom":9egq322g said:
for future contents I'll leave them alone

There's a 99% chance there will be no new content for the Minotaur King. However, remember that you can trade 10 emeralds for 5000 xp with Priestess Br'Mee. If you kill the King, you won't be able to do this anymore, and you also won't be able to heal or sleep in the maze.

That's pretty much the only reason not to kill the king--you'll also get the Charm of the Great Seer from killing Priestess Br'mee, a strong Cleric/Mage amulet.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Axe of the Minotaur King is a pretty solid weapon. There are only four pre-arc two-handed weapons that deal bolt damage. Of which the Axe of the Minotaur King is by far the best. The four are: Axe of the Minotaur King, Maul of Garrak, Lightening Greataxe and Wild Thunder. Having the MK's axe makes a noticeable difference when just starting the arc. Obviously, the arc's 2-H weapon, the pneumatic mallet, will replace them all.

In contrast, the +2 STR cloak pairs well with other trait raising equipment for the player and for companions. However, depending on the situation, having a clock that offers element protection may be more useful for a companion than the +2 STR.

Player's choice.