Should i expect an update in the game?

vesperusperus1

Im piling characters that finished the main and sidequests now i really want to see the whole map of exiled kingdoms be available and more new quests and characters.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Short answer: No.
The longer answer: A tiny no-zero chance there might be an update to EK if the Developer gets the free time to rebuild the game from scratch.

David The Developer is currently working on Archaelund, his new game which uses the same world as EK but is radically different. See updates on the subject in the forum.

Also, EK is designed to be a mobile game. However, given the ever changing requirements for mobile games, its not easy (if even possible) to update EK in a manner that is compatible with everything --- this is an Update issue impacting all independent third party developers. You might notice Apple has less game content (an older update) due to this reason.

So basically to update EK, the Developer would have to start from scratch to recreate the game using the tools compatible with current, and predicted future, phone requirements.

So IF the Developer opts to do that, than yeah, adding a little extra content is an obvious option. But that is one big IF.

vesperusperus1

The Short answer: No.
The longer answer: A tiny no-zero chance there might be an update to EK if the Developer gets the free time to rebuild the game from scratch.

David The Developer is currently working on Archaelund, his new game which uses the same world as EK but is radically different. See updates on the subject in the forum.

Also, EK is designed to be a mobile game. However, given the ever changing requirements for mobile games, its not easy (if even possible) to update EK in a manner that is compatible with everything --- this is an Update issue impacting all independent third party developers. You might notice Apple has less game content (an older update) due to this reason.

So basically to update EK, the Developer would have to start from scratch to recreate the game using the tools compatible with current, and predicted future, phone requirements.

So IF the Developer opts to do that, than yeah, adding a little extra content is an obvious option. But that is one big IF.
Thank you for the reply sir. As it pains me to know that there is little to know chance that EK will get an update, i get to know another game that's in the works and based on EK that i really enjoy playing, I will enjoy playing Archaelund too im sure. But still, that sliver of hope remains that maybe someday dave will update EK. Thank you for giving me information sir.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Just a small correction to VDX's answer. The issues with updating only affect iOS, which indeed I can no longer update without a serious rebuild of the game. But I can still patch the Android game without issue, and did so past month to upgrade to latest Android Billing libraries. The main reason EK is not in development currently has been explained many times: I am making another game which takes my whole time.