Ranged rogue skills

FirstShadow1991

Can some1 tell me what are the best skills for ranged rogue? I use cleric companion as 'distance' and from weapons i use jester bow. The problem is when my companion dies i have to use magma shortsword... What are the best skills to do max damage? Also is there a way to balance long range and shortrange skills in a way i can do max damage?

M3lkor

Loreseeker
I don't switch to melee on my ranged, traps and sprint if I need some distance but usually don't even need that.

Rapid Fire, Precision Shots, Massive Criticals, and Archery are essential.
Traps and sprint for defense. I enjoy Explosive traps for some AOE.

FirstShadow1991

I think that traps deal small damage so i didnt chose skill... i focused on rapid fire and archery, for close combat i have stab... for now thats all i have of fighting skills because i am only lvl9... my dps with bow is 23 and with magma shortsword 26...

FirstShadow1991

I noticed something with my traits... Every time i level my END my damage doesnt change... I mean, isnt 'base hit point' supose to change your damage? (Sorry if i sound too noobish but i usualy didnt pay attention to those things-which shows how great EK is)

Sounkeng

FirstShadow1991":a1pwbe8j said:
I noticed something with my traits... Every time i level my END my damage doesnt change... I mean, isnt 'base hit point' supose to change your damage? (Sorry if i sound too noobish but i usualy didnt pay attention to those things-which shows how great EK is)

Nope. "Base hit points" is how much health your character has. Strength, Agility, (and awareness for ranged attack) are the stats that increase damage output.

As a ranged rogue agility followed by awareness are the attributes you will find most important.

Note Endurance says: +5 base hit points

However it never says + damage... If you look at strength/agility/awareness all of these attributes have +damage (for some specific weapon type)

Sounkeng

Lucerago":2s0sqk6l said:
Which kind of build is better? Archer or meele?

Its a matter of preference. As a melee rogue I think ranged rogues are probably stronger. But I personally enjoy playing my melee rogue a lot and have no desire to play a ranged rogue.

Play the build you want to play.

FirstShadow1991

Sounkeng":321c5xoo said:
Nope. "Base hit points" is how much health your character has. Strength, Agility, (and awareness for ranged attack) are the stats that increase damage output.
Tnx for explenation. I usually played warrior and just cranked on STR and END... I think that i will ave to make few changes to my traits.
Lucerago":321c5xoo said:
Which kind of build is better? Archer or meele?
Personaly, I try to balance melee and range. I use range to draw enemies in and my companion focus them on himself while i focus to kill them from behind. If some1 survives or my companion dies i need to use melee tobfinish them.that way...