Dragonslayer!

Positron68

The dragon is there, stumbled into it and died in 4-5 seconds. I was level 8.

I don't think it's possible to kill it at this point, but oh well, surely someone will.

PMed you the dragon location.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, my son did it... but once I implement a limit to potion usage, it may not be possible until there's more of the game implemented.

For those of you seeking a challenge, since .786 you can try to get the achievement "Kingsbridge Hero". I really have no idea if it's properly balanced, though. Felt hard for my testing character... I may need to adjust it. I'll say however that rewards are good.

Positron68

DavidBVal":1bqc3arh said:
Yeah, my son did it... but once I implement a limit to potion usage, it may not be possible until there's more of the game implemented.

Tried to go for the achievement before you limited potion usage.

Used 10 potions and still died. :(

My fault, I had no idea I needed cold resist, and instead of preparing for it and coming back later, decided to try anyways.

Warrior.Jay

^bumping up this post from 1 year ago^

Anyone have any advice on the fire dragon? Has anyone killed it lately? I almost killed him with my level 14 warrior but the Potions of greater healing weren't strong enough. I'm ready to try him again at level 15, with potions of lesser regeneration. I'm having trouble getting balanced out for the fight though.

I can get my fire resistance up to 120 (95 plus a +25 resist potion), but by doing so, it drops my DPS down to 19 (one handed weapon and fire shield) and my armor down to 18.... or I can lose the fire boots and fire shield, pushing my armor up to 22 and my DPS up to 27.9. But it leaves me with 60 fire resist, +25 with a fire potion...
EDIT - I've got my advanced skill DUEL at level 2. So my damage does increase. But I still feel weak using the 1 handed weapons. And i have to use one if I want the high fire resistance.

Just wondering if the fire resistance is that big of an issue, and if anyone has killed this thing recently that would have some insight on the proper gear to use.

Warrior.Jay

Answered my own question!! Beat him on the first try today!!!... kept my 2h Executioner's axe equipped for the 27.9 DPS, which increases with the level 2 Duel skill. Swapped some rings and armor around, ended up with 75 fire resistance and only 18 armor... but I used the potion of fire resist for +25 resistance. And by alternating between the Potions of Lesser Regeneration and potions of greater healing,... it was actually an easy fight!!!

And the reward just blew my mind!!!! The ice dragon didn't have any rewards worth talking about. But the fire dragon is definitely worth killing!

This was my technique, I'd still like to hear from everyone else! Maybe hear some stories from other character classes!

feldon

Loreseeker
:?
Warrior.Jay":1paf045r said:
Answered my own question!! Beat him on the first try today!!!... kept my 2h Executioner's axe equipped for the 27.9 DPS, which increases with the level 2 Duel skill. Swapped some rings and armor around, ended up with 75 fire resistance and only 18 armor... but I used the potion of fire resist for +25 resistance. And by alternating between the Potions of Lesser Regeneration and potions of greater healing,... it was actually an easy fight!!!

And the reward just blew my mind!!!! The ice dragon didn't have any rewards worth talking about. But the fire dragon is definitely worth killing!

This was my technique, I'd still like to hear from everyone else! Maybe hear some stories from other character classes!

Just to clarify, both dragons have the same loot table, but no 'set' drops, so it is a good idea to save before raiding them to ensure you come away with good stuff when you do best them.
Edit: This is for the loot dropped from the dragons only. The chests have separate loot tables.

Also, during test releases, David will occasionally respawn the dragons so we have adequate foes to test stuff out on. Just one of the nice perks of testing...

Warrior.Jay

PM sent, I let you know what I found and had a question to ask about it. Hoping you can tell me more