Are there any spiderwebsoftware fans here?

VDX_360

Staff member
I find them to be a bit slow paced, often confusing, repetitive, and really hard to view.

But other than that, there's a lot of good ideas there. I might describe them as the quintessential example of a not-quite-there game.

VDX_360

Staff member
The writing is terrible.
Over worked cliches pepper a dialogue that is prolix and discursive.
It feels like a game where the Developer just loved his (or her) idea way too much to be objective in editing.

So I don't know if you're fishing for a compliment for your favorite game, or if you're the Developer trying to engage in guerra advertising, but the the examples you mention just don't quite flush out their protentional.

And to be fair, those games have a lot of protentional. They just seem more forced than fun.

ultra112

Ok first off I'm not the developer just a fan of some of his work and second I just want to see if any fans of his work lurks around here that's all

Mimi

I am a fan of Avernum. I have all of them and play 1, 2 and 3 often. I did manage to end the but stopped just before they were going to kill the sorceress. The end sucked. Ending of 1 and 2 were a lot more to my taste. I also have Avadon and played some of it. It's different. I like spiderweb software.