Search results

1. J

What does your forum user name mean?

in English (well, Greek, but also the Latin of English-speaking scientists referring to taxonomy) it's Chiroptera :) the convention in English is to preserve the etymological spelling rather than modify it to reflect phonetics. so the Portuguese word is spelled how you say it, while the...
  2. J

Best farming place?

edit to my above post - my Ark loop description forgot one enemy. it's actually 4 spiders and 3 wizards plus the 2 spiders through the wall. so 9 not 8, I omitted the one in the hall when you go from the room with stairs to the room with the wizard (near med Bay). so the loop is more like...
  3. J

Can you lose access to a purchased house based on reputation?

come at me bro I killed a dimensional parasite. not actually tho I went peaceful ending.
  4. J

Best farming place?

been trying to determine the same for XP. For a staff summoner mage at high level it seems to me you can't beat the Ark for xp efficiency (and obviously there is no xp hit for having companions). basically go to the staircase, go to upper deck, and load area save to respawn enemies. then you can...
  5. J

Good grinding spots

no real point in getting to level 2 beyond personal choice either loll, it's all in the name of fun. The fact is the very slow skill/trait advancement serves the game balance well as long as there are quests to complete or nonrecurring enemies to challenge, but once you're past that point and...
  6. J

Good grinding spots

I mean, XP isn't a currency so that wouldn't be meaningful lol. but like I said, I want to hit a high enough level to max out more skills and traits. for example it would be fun to keep my staff summoner skills but also max out wand mastery so I could occasionally switch to using wands with high...
  7. J

Good grinding spots

that's another one I've tried. That ones good for gold and apples, but all I need at this point is XP, I'm almost a millionaire and I don't rly need to buy much anymore. 2500 XP per giant slaughtering run is alright I guess, but I get more than that in the first minute/2 rooms/5 enemies after...
  8. J

Good grinding spots

I would love to know where people grinding in the endgame just for fun go for maximum xp/hr I have a Staff Summoner mage so the Ark is very easy, the enemies are all high xp, and being a master of electricity in both attack (tesla rod) and defense (resistance from most of the gear that's...
  9. J

Can you lose access to a purchased house based on reputation?

hilarious question I never thought to consider. lol I can just imagine it now. "By decree of the governor of varsilia you are hereby stripped of all right title and interest in and to the property located at the city entrance. Shame! Shame!" how many annoying varsilian knights would I have to...
  10. J

Undermother *spoliers*

well, there is a trait check at a later point that you can pass as an alternative to helping the undermother, but it becomes a pretty high one depending on your character build and the level at which you finish collecting shards.
  11. J

How Many Goblins have you killed?

there was one in Urzuganar! good call! a totally pointless room with nothing good in it lol! and I also found another one in desecrated ruins, a secret way to get somewhere i had already been lol. so that's 2 down! wouldn't be surprised if the others are in Jabal's Labyrinth.
  12. J

Start a Cult!

9 companions... very well. you shall be the fellowship of the Ark! abandon them in the sewers. if you can impossibly make it to the under levels then you can have bremo join your cult, and then if you have the spirit wolf you will have raised the new Eleven! maybe Landrys Storme will finally...
  13. J

Useless Mercenaries

it's because they want to make us sound pleasant to Stridsibum. They even try to get the steel that sings the blues for him so they can stuff our belly with love, but those pesky miners keep driving them out of Lannegar!
  14. J

hmm I'll check there next. I did think it was a good chance whatever I'm missing might be either in one of the Sagar dungeons, or maybe one of the Inoris.
  15. J

Arcane Weaver Challenge (Loyal Version)

my next question was going to be whether summoning was allowed or too physical. but I guess if we insisted on a pure elementalist spell caster things would get pretty boring once you used all your skill points on basic skills. the rest would have to go into defensive advanced skills given the...
  16. J

Arcane Weaver Challenge (Loyal Version)

the Ark would be very interesting. lightning bolt and mage barrier can certainly take you through the ark basically unscathed if you're somewhat careful to keep your distance and avoid being swarmed... but you'd need insane amounts of manna. 1634526341 can you wield a shield? or is that too...
  17. J

I find plexifiber has a slimming effect myself 1634526774 alas, that's not one of the ones I missed. I'm sure it's in some random dungeons that I did at a lower level with lower awareness. though I confirmed it isn't in lannegar/ydaya (or mine, or the sub dungeons), bluemist/kleyou, or new...
  18. J

oops just realized I confused the two images. still that means I've missed four secrets. that is very frustrating because I have no real way to catalogue the ones I have found vs the ones I must be missing. do I have to go back to all the dungeons of varsilia?!
  19. J

mo more importantly, if you've found 106 secrets without clearing the SoH, and I've found 101 having cleared everything... WHAT AM I MISSING AND ARE THERE TOLASSIAN TOMES UNREAD?! 1634451330 if he's a mage (and the name earth bender sounds like a mage with earth mastery and that usually gets...
  20. J

I started reading through it! (and it sounded quite difficult lol, how am I supposed to enter the elemental plane of fire on your terms!) it looked like fun but been too busy with work to finish reading just yet. just have time for intermittent silliness like this thread