Question about 'Body Development' skill.

Shaymer

Hey all.
With the Body Development skill. Stage one is 1.5 Endurance bonus (hp) and stage two is 1 Strength bonus. Is stage two Endurance AND strength or just strength?

Also, any thoughts on the body development or bash skills and their usefulness.
I'm a level 18 warrior if that matters.
Thanks for any input. This game is fantastic.

VDX_360

Staff member
Yes, if I'm reading your question right?

Stage 1: Increases your hit points earned from endurance
Stage 2: Increases your hit points earned from strength
So at Stage 2, a player is getting more hit points from BOTH endurance and strength.
Stage 3: Increases your hits points earned from endurance.
So at Stage 3, a player is still getting more hit points from endurance and strength.

Wiki link to skill:
http://exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/index.ph ... evelopment

Discussion:
Endurance can seem like a lot of skill points, requiring 1,2,3 respectively, but for builds that have high strength or high endurance, the skill can sky rocket a character's health. For builds that have lower endurance or strength, the hit point gain isn't as dramatic but is very noticeable both in numbers and in game-play. For warriors, the higher total hit points, means Fury triggers at a higher point.

Example:
Let's say you're a Level 18 2-H Warrior with 6 Strength and 2 Endurance as you are a modest player with development points spread out over both physical and mental traits. Let's say you get Body Development II, giving 1.5 hit per END pt/level and 1 hit point per STR/ level. Using Health add x trait value x level, one gets a pretty simple equation to figure out trait based health increases.

Before Skill:
END: 1 x 2 x 18 = 36, STR: .5 x 6 x 18 = 54, Total: 90 hit points
With Body Dev. II
END" 1.5 x 2 x 18 = 54, STR: 1 x 6 18 = 108, Total: 162 hit points
Difference: 72 hit points.
Note: This doesn't include the hit points earned per level.

Now, change up the skill points a bit: END 5, STR 10 (not too uncommon)
END 1 x 5 x 18 = 90, STR .5 x 10 x 18 = 90, Total: 180 hit points
With Body Dev. II
END 1.5 x 5 x 18 = 135, STR 1 x 10 x 18 = 180, Total: 315 hit points

Now, max out Body Development (BD III) with END 5, STR 10 (same above).
END 2 x 5 x 18 = 180, STR 1 x 10 x 18 = 180, Total: 360 hit points.

Now, go full hard core committment (BD III, STR 12, END 6, Level 20)
END: 2 x 6 x 20 = 240, STR 1 x 12 x 20 = 240, Total: 480 hit points.

Again, not including hit points per level. For Body Development, trait increases gained from equipment COUNT towards the hit point equation.

Individual game play preferences determine if Body Development is a good investment of Skill Points but the increases in hit points really starts to add up at end-of-game levels (Level 18 to Level 22) and become quite ridiculaous at over-level characters (say a Level 30 two warrior who gets 720 hit points from traits alone and more than grand after including level hit points and equipment).

Shaymer

Wow, that's the greatest answer ever. Thank you.
And you're right about HP piling up with the right build.
Right now I'm
STR 8
END 5
AGI 4

Appreciate the insight. Thanks.

YBFYmaster

Shaymer":3gzyg00i said:
Wow, that's the greatest answer ever. Thank you.
And you're right about HP piling up with the right build.
Right now I'm
STR 8
END 5
AGI 4

Appreciate the insight. Thanks.

Try to reach 6 agility when you hit lvl 20-21 and biy lurry, maxed-out ot boost dps a lot!

(Just a thought)

VDX_360

Staff member
Flurry, which increases attack speed for 6 seconds, has the highest increase in DPS of any skill. At Level III, the 75% increase in attack speed means more hits and more damage. Coupled with a weapon that has a Stun or Paralysis effect, and those 6 seconds can kill most enemies and a few bosses. Also a really good skill for a player to activate when a boss gets low on health and the boss goes into Fury mode

For Agility builds (Rouges, Archers, Light Weapon and even 1-H Weapon), 6 agility isn't too hard to get. For 2-H builds, Agility 6 might require not investing in mental traits.

Wiki Link to Skill
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... tle=Flurry

Shaymer

Good to know. I dont really use mental skills. I use companions for that.
Thanks.