XP and Gold Farming + Fire Drake Scales.

Adam_Runs

Hi I'm a level 16 cleric and find the best place to farm gold and XP whilst not getting battered is north and south of Freetown, can easily make 3k in 20 mins selling the loot. Any other suggestions forum?

I'd like to know where else to get the Fire Drake Scales? I've completed Gorx lair 3 times and fire pit of tremadon tower once and have 1 scale :( any help? :)

PS. I'm in love with this game; 56 hours in, in less than a month, superb job Devs.

VDX_360

Staff member
The maps and dungeons around Freetown are often cited as good, solid XP grind areas. So is the Abbey of Saint Admus. There's more than one thread devoted to the subject so let's not go to nuts on the subject here.

The Abandon Tower in Crimson Hills can contain Fire Drake Scales but the overall best place for them is the Gorx Lair / The Deep Cauldron. It might take a few runs, but you'll get them. Just make sure you're clearing The Deep Cauldron as well (accessed via the lava path on the NE corner of Gorx Lair).

Isiliax

Adam_Runs":3rjyz5ou said:
Hi I'm a level 16 cleric and find the best place to farm gold and XP whilst not getting battered is north and south of Freetown, can easily make 3k in 20 mins selling the loot. Any other suggestions forum?

Mercian Royal Crypt is easy place to farm gold, as sometimes you can get there like 2-3 pieces of legion set and sell each one of them for over 1,5k. Also the best place for cleric as there you will meet just undead.

KKdesu

Isiliax":l0trt62q said:
Adam_Runs":l0trt62q said:

Mercian Royal Crypt is easy place to farm gold, as sometimes you can get there like 2-3 pieces of legion set and sell each one of them for over 1,5k. Also the best place for cleric as there you will meet just undead.

That is, if you can handle the wraith trap.

Atomos

A fire area in Tremadan tower was added since this topic was started, it's a good area for farming fire drake scales.

I'm just saying in case someone is interested ;) .

Edit: stupid typo detected

Mels

i farmed mausoleum at that level. blessed platemail sells good and there are a lot of mobs with decent density. sacred fire 3 is a must tho. for drake scales best place is probably the abbey fire area but you may be too low level so stick to gorx lair

Obtainable Toast

Loreseeker
Nilomar cape is pretty good as you get plate armor set dropping there and a lot of mauls that sell for at least 250 gold each, also its close to new arthur making it quite easy place to navigate and the monsters are not clumpt in groups, outside of bloodpaw cave you find max of two ursan's and maybe a single bear together and that would only be in 2-3 cases, inside it there is one spot dangerous that has up to 4 ursans and there are 3 primeval bears that are hard to kill as they hit a lot and have a lot of health. Also you can get ursan charm there that is one of very few amulets that increase your armor.

However from experiance I have never got into money trouble or experiance trouble that made me grind kills or gold, my tactic was just doing quests and doing rumor bosses and town hall tasks. That includes on ironman mode as I would get bored by just farming.

Good luck hope you will enjoy the rest of the content and be as excited as we are for new content to come out.

PS This whole game is made by one person, its amazing.

deadcorpze

I also highly suggest nilomar cape at ur level but use the hammer of despair when farming there(coz vicious 2). Now if u joined the church of the three guild, u can buy the blessed plate armor or if not, u can farm it in the mausoleum but try it around lv 18 or so. Sacred fire + turn undead usually does the job