Wyvern Mountains: Best XP and Gold farming spot (in my opinion..)

Mon

I have read many opinions about best gold and XP farming spots. One of them is the the Maze of lamth level1-2. But in my opinion, the best is the Wyvern mountains. Ice wolves (lvl12-14) could give 100+ xp and 200 golds after selling wolf pelts from Varannari, as well as emeralds from Wyverns (lvl9-14) and selling it to Jabal. The white pelt drop is insanely high. After one run, I could get Atleast 10 white wolf pets from 30+ wolves. I would say this spot is best for xp rather than gold, but who wouldn't want both? I recomend this spot after lvl 9+.

VDX_360

Staff member
Mod Note: Slight edit to thread tittle to better reflect nature of post.

The Wyvern Mountains is a nifty spot. It also serves as a place to farm large emeralds.

Like you said, there's a lot of good places to farm for gold and XP making it rather difficult to objectively declare a "best" spot. A lot depends on your level, you build and what other items you might want to find.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
IMO the 'best' spots are the ones that give not only GP and XP, but also rare ingredients. A personal favorite is the North Crimson Hills. I love the fights, great XP, GP value for loot, quick to do, but also: Golden Apples (and diamonds). Wyvern Mountains is also great because of the Emeralds.

Emeralds and Apples are both highly desirable, that's why I've never desired to grind Lamth. Others love it though.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Good reminder about the Vorator eggs, and of course farming them also provides some Emeralds, so that's a good "twofer".

Commiades

When not doing quests I prefer to grind for items and incidentally get XP and Gold. Fallen Dragoon Boots are a source of frequent trips through the Mausoleum. The Ivory Ring and the Ring of the Frozen Heart are ones I'm tempted to grind for, but don't really have the patience.