Wraiths and varannari

tal

1) i have a good rep with the varannari and i don’t understand why they attack me on map when i see a group of them

2) i think wraiths spawn time in dungeons is to short
i entered today to the Mercian Royal Crypt and by the time it take me to clear a room the wraiths outside the room already spawned again...
while they dont give me any threat they dont even drop anything or give good xp so it's just useless to kill them again and again

Anomandaris

tal":1sdvx0es said:
1) i have a good rep with the varannari and i don’t understand why they attack me on map when i see a group of them

i entered today to the Mercian Royal Crypt and by the time it take me to clear a room the wraiths outside the room already spawned again...
while they dont give me any threat they dont even drop anything or give good xp so it's just useless to kill them again and again
Do all Varannari attack you? There are different factions - the "good" ones you can sell pelts to and the "evil" ones who attack you on sight no matter your reputation. Killing the second kind won't lower your rep with the Varannari.

Oderbran

Anomandaris":1iv94ez5 said:
tal":1iv94ez5 said:

Do all Varannari attack you? There are different factions - the "good" ones you can sell pelts to and the "evil" ones who attack you on sight no matter your reputation. Killing the second kind won't lower your rep with the Varannari.

Well, it's not as much that the Varannari in Mercia are evil than that they're anti-slavery resistance fighters... And you happen to just be one of the kind of people who enslave them. In the situation, it's understandable they'd fight first, ask questions later. And by the way, Anomandaris, that's the reason why they attack you on sight. You'll see they only do that in Mercia. In Varsilia and Ilmara (well, as much as we have access to it up to now), they're friendly to you.

Vaaclav

Translator
Anomandaris":edcdtkmy said:
Killing the second kind won't lower your rep with the Varannari.
Thanks for information. But still, I rather don't fill town hall quests about killing Varannari.

And my idea is, that all Varannari would be finally friendly - later in game. There are some possible ways how it could be done (how it could be achieved).

Anomandaris

Oderbran":3shnmhcu said:
Anomandaris":3shnmhcu said:
tal":3shnmhcu said:

Well, it's not as much that the Varannari in Mercia are evil than that they're anti-slavery resistance fighters... And you happen to just be one of the kind of people who enslave them. In the situation, it's understandable they'd fight first, ask questions later. And by the way, Anomandaris, that's the reason why they attack you on sight. You'll see they only do that in Mercia. In Varsilia and Ilmara (well, as much as we have access to it up to now), they're friendly to you.
That's why I put the word "evil" in quotes - I didn't mean evil in the sense that a lich is evil. I am hoping that it is just because the game isn't complete and I can't get my rep with the Varannari high enough - as more situations become available, if they continue to attack me on sight regardless of choices to help the Varannari against the Mercians, then they won't be much better than the slavers they are fighting.
Vaaclav":3shnmhcu said:
Anomandaris":3shnmhcu said:
Killing the second kind won't lower your rep with the Varannari.
Thanks for information. But still, I rather don't fill town hall quests about killing Varannari.

And my idea is, that all Varannari would be finally friendly - later in game. There are some possible ways how it could be done (how it could be achieved).
I agree. Maybe it will have somerhing to do with Ruun - he strikes me as a character whose role in the story is incomplete. I think accepting a THQ against the Varannari does negatively effect your rep with them upon completion (since it is a choice) unlike defending yourself against the ones that attack on sight.

S.U.W.

The Varannari attack because they are godless savages. They all must be wiped out. I am there Arch Enemy and I will purge the land of their despicable kind.