Will you be hiring other developers to speed up release

Bronty

Since the alpha sale has gone so well will you hire other people to help hasten release? It's been years. 40k sales is a lot. Just asking. Not a criticism - it is a great game and I'm just asking :)

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Thanks for loving the game! But let's do a reality check on "40k sales is a lot." Never mind. The Developer has neither a need nor obligation to explain, taxes, fees, living wage, and other business costs really eat into gross profits. Just go with, net profits are quite a bit less than raw sales.

Development is going at a pretty solid pace (a little slower do to a puzzle sidetrack, but guess a break was needed anyways). So bear with the process.

Have a wonderful Madri Gras
(oh, heck, that's one more thing to distract are intoxicated Developer, no mentioning of Madri Gra this week!)

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
40k sales is a lot.
Hi, I think you have misread info.

I wish that Archaelund has 40k sales (and I wish much, much more sales over the time), but 40k number is number of wishlists:

0.png

Original text is here: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1082970/view/6411503601326426349?l=english

NEUK

There's no need for any acceleration. It's doing just fine as it is. Speed will only prevent you from doing it as lovingly as you do.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I'll pretty much continue as I have worked these 5 years, hiring artists as needed, but doing all the development, writing and design myself. I just love doing it (for the most part!), and the parts that are more tedious such as bug-fixing or refactoring some of the systems require a deep understanding of the code.

Bronty

Ok thanks for the response. I'm keen to see the whole game. I meant no offence.

Last edited:

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Ok thanks for the response. I'm keen to see the whole game. I meant no offence.
Of course, it was never perceived as such. You all want the game out as quickly as possible, I take that as a compliment to Archaelund. :)