Why?

Justamage

I've been playing with my lv13 mage and had a hard time fighting decurion sargos. He has 478 hp and 50% shock resist. With my max lvl. lighting i would have to hit him like 15 times and that would cost 360 mana(no way at lv.13). But magic barrier can make 240 shock damage with 6 hits. So theoretically, i can kill sargos by casting it 4 times at the cost of 64 mana. I killed him with a wand, a shield, magic armor and some potions. Why favor the tanky pew-pew wand magic armor instead of the cool pyromancer sumoner exploding fireball god? I can still do the second one, but farmin a lot of gold and spammig potions isn't fun u know

Old Anthur

Fighting Sargos isnt necessary during the quest "Web of Terror" and your a mage so you can pick the int3 check inside the jabal grotto which is the best way to enter the barrier.
If you're fighting Sargos at the arena I suggest you grind more to increase your mana and damage. Mana Surge and High Int will help you're problem about mana.(remember that Per also increase your mana every 2 points.)
This just a tip.

About your post..
The Mage Barrier deals 240 damage? I know that maximum damage of mage barrier is 40?

Molokot

Diffrenert enemies have diffrent properties and can be killed esier by certain clases , there arent any favoritism. Its part of fun to figure out how to deal with them.When it comes to Sargos its better to cheat him than fight with him, because then he will be last boss in the arena and give extra rewards. Strongest mage setup is golem + staff and no spells at all, eventualy you get mage barrier late game for extra protection. If you want to use spells and wand its also possible, just most usfull spell is freezing cloud not lightning and not fireball :D And eventualy you will have to shoot wand of power+ desintegrate to compensate from damage loss from not using staves. When it come to spaming potions, mages need to do it less than other guys, but still it is unavoidable, but it isnt as bad as you think, on higher levels farming gold is very easy and fast.There is no problem with buying consumables by 100s.

VDX_360

Staff member
Why?

Because David the Developer is an old-school Dungeon Master that gets a sadistic joy in killing your character.

Oh, what was the question? Doesn't matter. "David The Developer has a Friguld Rum problem" is always the answer.

On a more serious note, every class build is going to have pros and cons. Sometimes that means different quest choices, sometimes that means an advantage (or disadvantage) in a fight.

VDX_360

Staff member
farmin a lot of gold and spammig potions isn't fun u know

If you're using an excessive amount of potions, you might be playing against the game mechanics. I've taken every build through the game without buying potions, and on a different test run, not using any potions.
All were able to beat the game on Hard.

Potions are nifty. Well used, they can make a dungeon easier and are great against bosses. But if you find yourself chugging potions, you might be better served by re-thinking your playing style. Sometimes little tweaks make a huge impact on durability.

Justamage

About your post..
The Mage Barrier deals 240 damage? I know that maximum damage of mage barrier is 40?
40 dmg. Per hit. 6 hits at max. Magic armor= 240 dmg.
I did the math no way you get enough mana at level 13. Magic barrier has the highest dmg/mana
Tanky magic boy is the only way 😅
Post automatically merged:    

you might be better served by re-thinking your playing style. Sometimes little tweaks make a huge impact on durability.
I did, bro. I was using fireball spell and iron golem, but it costs too much mana, and dmg is ridiculous, i can cause 80 fire dmg with massive criticals. So i made a tanky wand pew pew magic armor boy 😎
Post automatically merged:    

Bruh, i just wanted to have fun using the badass exploding fireball thing, but i feel punished by doing it. I feel forced to use a staff or wand and that kinda sucks... fu#@ it im cheating 🙃

Last edited: