Why the hell Varannar is an island?!

Gewehr 43

It is obviously a vast continent, since it has tundra and glaciers on the north and desert and jungles on the south🤨

VDX_360

Staff member
Australia is an island.

Also, it could just be an expression. Like calling whales fish, or Adaon a suitable companion.

VDX_360

Staff member
Also, calling it an "island" likely dates back to the colonies, when the main land Empire refereed to it in a demeaning sort of way. That or the main land empire is just massively huge and this the colonies were just--by companions-an island.

Gewehr 43

Australia is an island.
Science communities of different nations have different opinions abut it. In my country Australia is considered strictly as continent, but there are other opinions somewhere else. Anyway, it turns out that there are no official conditions that each continent has to meet in order to be considered a continent, so I think you can call it the way that suits you best.

p4ran0id

Staff member
It is obviously a vast continent, since it has tundra and glaciers on the north and desert and jungles on the south🤨

It's not earth, it's a fantasy planet!

And in a nearly endless universe something like that is not impossible at all. I bet somewhere is a planet which looks exactly like that. Feel free to proof me the opposite, but I want to see at least pictures from every planet in the whole universe. 😏

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Definitions of continents are are somewhat arbitrary without strict geographical criteria, for example Europe and Asia are "two" continents for no other reason than human pride, they're the same landmass on the same tectonic plate. Geographically speaking it really should be Eurasia, or Asieuro if you want.