Why lose companion at endgame (spoilers)?

Nanuaraq

I'm severely disabilitied now. I just made it to the Ark of Lothasan, and I lose my companion.

DAMMIT, I spent a TON of Tolassian Tomes on empowering Grissenda, because I found it a tactical advantage to have her as a strong wingman, and they she just gone and lost herself. All those Tomes would have been better spent on the protagonist. And now it's too late. This is a serious problem with game mechanics. And here I am, lost and alone in the ship.

Oh poo.

Anything I can do / any suggestions for tactics? That last stretch to the command center is killing me.

p4ran0id

Staff member
If you need help, show us your build first ;)

The strategy you need depends on your character and build. Most important is high shock resistance and stun resistance, also a weapon with shock attribute, that's the main part for every character. The rest depends on your character and build. Just post it here to get more help

Nanuaraq

Hmm, nevermind anyway. I cut and fought and hacked and died my way through the Ark and finally got to the endgame. Sorry for being upset.

Nanuaraq

DavidBVal":1jot0hb4 said:
congratulations! ;)

Thank you. It was a very satisfying ending, I believe.
Very "RPG classic", which was somewhat satisfying, yet with a good twist of its own on top of that, and interesting dialogue. Nice touch with the end battle.

Actually, now I'm just sort of wandering around Varsilia, looking for something to do, killing random bandits. I wonder what I should be doing next?

p4ran0id

Staff member
Next stop should be the sewer of horror, that's the hardest quest (but with a companion) ;)

Ps: read in wiki if you want, but don't forget to save in separate slot before entering! You wouldn't be the first one who forgot to save separate and being stuck down there!

Nanuaraq

p4ran0id":bqyvkvec said:
Next stop should be the sewer of horror, that's the hardest quest (but with a companion) ;)

Ps: read in wiki if you want, but don't forget to save in separate slot before entering! You wouldn't be the first one who forgot to save separate and being stuck down there!

Oh but I already did that one ;)