Who's the best companion for you and why?

Molokot

Best companion is Grisenda, because you can make full fledged warrior from her , and she is capable to do seriious amont of damage + she is also durable. Next is Hirge , with average durability and damage output ,she can use good equipment,but she isnt even at half of priest potential due to primitive Ai and not being able to utilize spells properly and she has poor skills setup. Then Adaon is weakest of them all same reason as Hirge but also weaker gear and low hp. As to who somebody prefers , results can be surprising.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Hirge for utility as she is OP for my play style, but Adaon for fun. I like him with a bow; gives some help but not tooo much - makes you do most of the work. Griss I tend not to bother with but she can be strong.

Captain SlowHands

Hirge for utility as she is OP for my play style, but Adaon for fun. I like him with a bow; gives some help but not tooo much - makes you do most of the work. Griss I tend not to bother with but she can be strong.
a cheap amount of 50 gold per Deepfrost Cognac + Intervention ..yeah, Hirge is pretty much op. because of her Intervention skill which makes her hp almost double compared to other companions. I prefer using Griss before because its easier to find an armour for a warrior but right now I would choose Hirge because of her Intervention skill. And for me its also cheaper to buy deepfrost cognac and fill my whole bag of holding instead of buying expensive hp potions. 😁
Post automatically merged:    

stonedwolf says: Adaon - makes you do most of the work. me: 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Just Hirge & her Heal is amazing if you're the one in melee, she's a free large health potion. A bowman or mage might prefer Griss as their companion.

Captain SlowHands

Just Hirge & her Heal is amazing if you're the one in melee, she's a free large health potion. A bowman or mage might prefer Griss as their companion.
hmmm. that's a good point you've got there👏your opinion is not biased but it is because of your experience about it. you also mention about the good side of having Griss or having Adaon.

well, for me the good side of having Adaon as a companion is when I am a Cleric and I use the Thelume's Wisdom skill where traps would reveal and Adaon will deactivate those pesky traps for me.

Adaon is also a beast when it comes to damage especially when killing a boss. just make sure that you do the tanking 😄

Last edited:

Commiades

Hirge is the easiest. It's expensive using Grissenda. I'm tempted to use Adaon with my Archer - flanking damage from him as they run at me would be fun.

Vitas

Choosing a companion can be a tricky matter.

My least used companion is Adaon, because he is squishy. The only viable strat for him is together with cleric in cleric guild, where you buff him and position him behind the enemy while your cleric tanks. The problem is, Adaon has no AOE skill, so Griss with Cleave skill is just better, imho.

Between Hirge and Griss, it depends.

For Summoner Mage, I use Griss until I get Iron Golem, then switch tho Hirge

For Warrior and Rogue, now here things get interesting. Both Hirge and Griss are viable solutions.
Many people think Hirge is op because cognac+intervention makes her undying. The problem is, Hirge has no AOE dmg (same as Adaon), also Griss can learn Body Development (after quest), coupled with high HP warrior armor, Griss is notably tankier than Hirge. Honestly, without Intervention, Hirge is unable to tank late game bosses. So you always need to micromanage her mana. Also the way she heals herself first, then your MC, also requires micromanagement. Without mana she is just a weak version of Grissenda.

Griss on the other hand is simple and reliable. Just give her some HP potions during boss fights, and you will be alright 😁

On the other hand, if you max Extra Recovery, you can 'reset' Hirge to full mana multiple times, which means insane amount of healing.

Conclusion: I like both girls, Adaon sucks 😀

p4ran0id

Staff member
Hirge, because its best tank even on Ironman runs. It's nearly impossible to kill her if you play it right. She helped me to kill unweakened undermother and much more. She's my most favourite companion for every build (even for double cleric)