Who's excited about the next update?

Would you like to see swampdonkeys in Trollfens instead of dogs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • We love us a swampdonkey

Votes: 14 32.6%

• Total voters

Erathsmador

I'm not worried about a new class, just chomping at the bit for this next update. ITS FRIDAY!!! :D Thevweekend is here!!!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Brief update on this: all the new content is finished, but I am still working on a lot of bugs and fixes. Not sure if I'll finish today, so I may miss the weekend's target. Mostly because I had a fun idea for a quest and decided to add it in the last minute :p

So it might be up very late today (euro time) or early tomorrow. If you are suscribed to the testing announcements thread, you'll get notified when I post there.

Board Troll

DavidBVal":29ayhier said:
Brief update on this: all the new content is finished, but I am still working on a lot of bugs and fixes. Not sure if I'll finish today, so I may miss the weekend's target. Mostly because I had a fun idea for a quest and decided to add it in the last minute :p

So it might be up very late today (euro time) or early tomorrow. If you are suscribed to the testing announcements thread, you'll get notified when I post there.

Woot! Another Quest. ... a fun one even! I'm so excited! and I just can't hide it! We gotta a bonus quest and I'm gonna like it!

Slap a swampdonkey and call me stupid!

It's almost here :mrgreen:

Azog

Not sure if i undersood everything, so only testers get the update this weekend?

feldon

Loreseeker
Yes, as per usual, the test version of the update will be released to testers first.

Given the size of the update, there will probably be multiple test updates until the final 'full' release.

feldon

Loreseeker
In the last two releases, the difference between test release and 'full' has been ~5-6 days. Usually within 3 hours of the first test release, a few things have been found that need addressing. If they are major enough, David fixes quickly and releases 2nd test version, and so on until the issue reports slow to a trickle. Then he publishes it to the general public, tracking any issues that pop up to be addressed in the next update.

The last two releases have been smaller in scale (but intricate) so its anyone's guess as to how long it will take all the new things to be thoroughly exhausted. But with everyone champing at the bit, my guess is the testers rip through the new content.

Mr.Suspense

Loreseeker
even all of the new contents are not fully loaded, some area/items are remaining, as hinted by David.

this time we have got new additions + major changes ( i.e. shield + sword etc. ), so the testing period could be long, so combined with the above point, the public release could be little longer than before.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Comm4nder":36cu7k54 said:
Not sure if i undersood everything, so only testers get the update this weekend?

Yes, but it is also easy to become tester (follow instructions in first post of how to become tester thread).

Also, you can easily manage to choose if you want to download or not test versions. Just say no to downloading test version if you don't want to test them. :D And, of course, you can always choose to download.

In my opinion, becoming tester has all advantages and no disadvantages.