Who's excited about the next update?

Would you like to see swampdonkeys in Trollfens instead of dogs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • We love us a swampdonkey

Votes: 14 32.6%

• Total voters

feldon

Loreseeker
The castle in Iron Valley is actually the future town of Freetown.

My guess is we get Freetown, new town of New Arthur (heard mention of this iirc) and 2-3 nearby wild areas for quest completion and what not.

And potentially the keep in Mt. Storme opened to the public, as it sounds like Baron Storme might need some tending to...

ArrowsFTW

David can you give us a small teaser about the next update? I keep going back to the forums just to see if theres anything new. Is Amarissa gonna be the mage companion? Are all the shards going to available? new stronger weapons? New skills??

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
ArrowsFTW":p55qldjf said:
David can you give us a small teaser about the next update? I keep going back to the forums just to see if theres anything new. Is Amarissa gonna be the mage companion? Are all the shards going to available? new stronger weapons? New skills??

The update will add areas and partially flesh them out. Freetown, a few surrounding outdoor areas, and dungeons. Obviously they'll feel a bit emptier than areas I've been working on for over a year, but 6 months ago, New Garand had only two quests, so patience.

No advancement of the main quest yet, I am afraid. Some great weapons and some great armor will be around, yes. As for skills, I have several in development/study, but not sure they'll make into this one.

kaine160

omni":3w2m89ph said:
DavidBVal":3w2m89ph said:
kaine160":3w2m89ph said:
Im definitely excited! Any news on when to expect the update to come out?

I am doing good, at this rate I should have a test version available by next weekend.

the new update will add 5-6 areas (not counting small interior areas), 4-5 quests too. Also some new mechanics I am eager to test, like shield improvement/balance.

From what I've read, it looks like Freetown will open up this update. So, that's 1 area. So, we get 4 more wilderness areas?

There is a castle in Iron Valley ... (I think), that has guards that won't let anyone bypass. Is that castle eventually going to be opened up? I'd sure like to actually meet a king or a really hot digital princess and do something awesome to save a kingdom, maybe get rewarded with a tavern where we can hire NPC's and our choices would perhaps open up certain quests, based off our choices.

A linear storyline is nice and necessary, but the true beauty of an open world comes from having an unique experience.

As it is now, everyone shares a very similar experience.

It looks like you're working on the basic story first, but I really do hope you incorporate different avenues that make each experience a personal one.

thats also what im excited about. The experience itself is truely amazing as of right now, i cant wait till reputation gets an actual placement in the game, would be pretty awesome to see a different quest line if you were a villain. Or different choices of companions or skills, once you go down that path you cant really turn back.

Azog

David last time i asked you when to expect the full release, you said it could be in may/june. I know you work hard and there's much to do. We are still at 0.7, could you please give us an somewhat realistic update for the full release date?

Board Troll

I don't know about the full version, but a really nice update with some substantial content should be out for testing this weekend if everything goes as planned.

But that news is about 5-6 days old, we're all anxious bro.

abstractsense

Loreseeker
Comm4nder":13bnc2j2 said:
David last time i asked you when to expect the full release, you said it could be in may/june. I know you work hard and there's much to do. We are still at 0.7, could you please give us an somewhat realistic update for the full release date?

He said 1.0 will be June/July once back in February, see here, and he's said sometime this summer multiple times. He could still be on track if he releases .8 this weekend as planned, and .9 sometime in a month, and 1.0 at the end of July.

Azog

Ah right, it was june/july, thank you. Still, just a decent update from the dev would be nice.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
abstractsense":bfef6yuh said:
Comm4nder":bfef6yuh said:

He said 1.0 will be June/July once back in February, see here, and he's said sometime this summer multiple times. He could still be on track if he releases .8 this weekend as planned, and .9 sometime in a month, and 1.0 at the end of July.

As you can see in that link, my mention of June/July was followed by a disclaimer explaining it is an estimate. I certainly can't give exact release dates, mostly because I keep getting new ideas and adding stuff that wasn't planned, and because being a team of one, delays happen frequently whenever life interferes. Also the new content is much more complex to create, scripting-wise.

My estimate is still sometime this summer we'll have 1.0 released, which basically means a completable main quest, around 30 outdoor areas, around 80 quests, some crafting, hopefully the mage class. Development will not stop there, though; from that point I'll just split my time in half between expanding EK and creating the next game.

Azog

Thank you for the update, the mage seems to be difficult to implement, wich makes this class even more interesting for me. Hopefully he/she shows up this summer. :)