Who is your favorite companion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGuru#32

ArrowsFTW":1bn88p03 said:
RPGuru#32":1bn88p03 said:
Put Hirge on the aggro in any tomb and watch her wade through undead like nothing youve seen possible. Especially with a vulcan maul. She is a serious undead killing machine. Cant believe people dont talk about her more. Non-undead battles she pretty much is worthless compared to the tanking power of Griss. There are many undead in this game though. I think she is solid. Just with you could put heavier armour on her.
Go on... honestly what are the best equips when facing the undead

I respectfully decline, as eq success or failure is subjective and my build is my build...
Have a great and fun time trying new things and figuring out what works best for you. ;)

Assisi

Hirge is the best for me!
I have a lvl 19 melee rogue (stab, evasion, sneak, assasinate, mass crit, precision strike) and I do the damage in a fight. The fact that she can heal me 4-5 times before a recovery is very important (very long stints and in tough battles I can concentrate on other potions than the healing ones).

Sadly I don't manage to cooperate better with Grissenda. Though she has higher DPS I can't do as much in a turn like I do with Hirge. Maybe I need to reset her skills and build up her again.
Btw ... for this kind of rogue ... what are the skills of your warrior companion?

Did anyone tried this kind of melee rogue with Adaon as a ranged rogue?

Best regards!

Crimson Death

I started playing my shield warrior and using Adaon. He is practically useless except for finding traps. He gets one shotted by practically anything. Granted he's level 7 but it's pretty frustrating watching him die every encounter.

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
Crimson Death":7dmvjbhm said:
I started playing my shield warrior and using Adaon. He is practically useless except for finding traps. He gets one shotted by practically anything. Granted he's level 7 but it's pretty frustrating watching him die every encounter.

I find it therapeutic honestly... But you need to pay attention to your companion's build even more than your own... They get less points so where, how, and when you spend them is very very important...

Schweaty

You could always share the wealth of your tomes and give them to your companion, make them do all the work while you loot. Beef them up. They auto attack so why not make them the hero.

Elldar

Grissenda is definitely my go-to companion when I use one, since she's the only one I bothered to gear properly. Plus she kind of grew on me, since she's the first companion I've found.
Didn't play too much with Hirge, but made sure to take her maul for my cleric.

Can't say much about Adaon - I never released him from that cage. :twisted:

Board Troll

Grissenda, for me, seems to do the most damage, so I bring her along 90% of the time, Aadon when traps are a concern.

Hirge is weak compared to either.

Status
Not open for further replies.