White wolf not dropping pelt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Platform
Android

Ezrax

So, there's an early quest where you have to give a guy a ruby, white wolf pelt, and 500 gold in exchange for a cloak. I have still yet to complete this quest. I have plenty of gold and multiple gems, but I have killed this wolf probably 15-20 times and got no pelt, nothing.

Eventually, it got annoying constantly running back every day to kill it. I mean it's covered in fur, have at skin it already... So, I quick saves at it, and proceeded to kill and load maybe 30+ more times.

So, after killing this thing about 50 times, and even having to resort to save scumming, this wolf has yet to drop ANYTHING. It seems to be bugged or something, because having to kill one 50+ times without quick-loading for a drop... I don't see how they would expect something like that of a player, especially considering how you get this quest early on

After posting, I proceeded to load and kill it, and it's been over 20 minutes of doing that with no pelt. I'm in a giving up. There has to be something wrong.

*Edit: Well, I loaded the game the next day from resting at the tavern, walked to the next area, killed a wolf, and it immediately dropped it the first time. Anyways, I guess nevermind.

Last edited:

Trace Da Cruz

Actually, reloading the same area does not help at all, -it's like repeating the same moment over and over again-

You should go and look for it somewhere else, because that pelt is actually more common than the perfect one, dropped by gray and dire wolves, and coyotes.

Try North Sagar Forest, across the river you should get it there, or in your way. Good luck.

P. D. I think reloading for loot is considered an exploit, but a Moderator can tell more about it. Also as I said is not useful at all.

VDX_360

Staff member
Using quick-save / re-load to try to roll a new drop item is considered an game exploit and as such violates forum rules.

To address the issue with people abusing quick-save, a lot of monsters won't have new drops just because you re-loaded a game.

A much better place to farm white wolf pelts is the snow areas just north and east of the Lannegar. You'll get lots of wolves rather than that lone one.

As you progress into the game, you'll likely have a large stockpile of white wolf pelts.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
So, there's an early quest where you have to give a guy a ruby, white wolf pelt, and 500 gold in exchange for a cloak. I have still yet to complete this quest. I have plenty of gold and multiple gems, but I have killed this wolf probably 15-20 times and got no pelt, nothing.

Eventually, it got annoying constantly running back every day to kill it. I mean it's covered in fur, have at skin it already... So, I quick saves at it, and proceeded to kill and load maybe 30+ more times.

So, after killing this thing about 50 times, and even having to resort to save scumming, this wolf has yet to drop ANYTHING. It seems to be bugged or something, because having to kill it 50+ times without quick-loading... Just no... I refuse to believe any dev would expect something like that of a player.

After posting, I proceeded to load and kill it, and it's been over 20 minutes of doing that with no pelt. I'm in a giving up. This is broken.

Oh no no no, white fur pelts only drop when you scare a black wolf to death. Makes their fur go white from fear. Or you can capture one and wait for it to grow old. Fur should get white with age.

Just go north of the Elder Forest, there's a Coven of sisters in a cave and they have lots of wolves, they'll give you everything you need! Trust me! ;)

PS: save/reload within a map will make you repeat over and over the exact same result. Drops will be the same every time! Just go ask the coven sisters.

Trace Da Cruz

Oh no no no, white fur pelts only drop when you scare a black wolf to death. Makes their fur go white from fear. Or you can capture one and wait for it to grow old. Fur should get white with age.

Just go north of the Elder Forest, there's a Coven of sisters in a cave and they have lots of wolves, they'll give you everything you need! Trust me!
Or you can use bleach, those thuramians must have some...

Wait, there's another method: Training them in he arts of Necromancy, eventually they will be pale.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Or you can use bleach, those thuramians must have some...

Wait, there's another method: Training them in he arts of Necromancy, eventually they will be pale.

Oh yes absolutely. Thuramian bleach works splendidly. And it's quite easy to buy. There's a nice shop down the stairs in Icemist.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Grinding the WW pelt is fine but don't use saves. Head north from Lannegar, fight the WW, and if it doesn't drop head back south to Lannegar and sleep at an Inn.

The WW pelt is a 35% drop.

But, as you've been told, that roll is made when that area is populated for that day, not when the monster is killed. Saving & reloading without refreshing the map (which also refreshes the loot) will keep you stuck in Groundhog Day. Will keep you stuck in Groundhog Day. Will keep you stuck in Groundhog Day. Will keep you stuck in Groundhog Day. Will keep you stuck in Groundhog Day. Will keep you stuck in Groundhog Day.

To refresh the map, refresh loot, etc.., sleep at an Inn.

Trace Da Cruz

Just wanted to add that not finding something right away grants the benefit of extra XP.

By the way the Groundhog Day gives room to many variables that can go from smoothly achieving something, to dying in a silly way without even making it to the area, as I have experienced in this and many other games.

...Do you hear me Xurta? -I do not appreciate your hiding game...

Etabob

First of all, exploits are just a way of the devs and mods way of crying “oh no! We still won’t update the game!” And second saving and reloading DOES actually work. So Trace Da Cruz is completely wrong because it’s been proven. The mods here can only kick you from this site but not the game and Wikipedia will still give you the answers regardless lol. Just keep saving outside the region and then load the game again and try again. You will get it eventually and these “I’m better than you” people can’t say otherwise. Best of luck!
Also you can just create a new account as long as you use VPN and they can’t stop you

VDX_360

Staff member
@Etabob , I read your comment above and the matching report you made. I'm not sure what point you are attempting to make. You made a necro comment on an old post only to go on an odd rant about discussing game exploits. Not really that productive.

Locking thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.