White Dragon

Artemis Leafarrow

Hello

I got a White Dragon rumour boss only 2 levels higher than me im 14 its 16 and I cant for the life of me beat it. I have Wyrmslayer bow and Gris using Magma sword and shield. I guess I should try throwing anything with cold resist on, but does anyone have any tips or advice? I dont think ive got him below 20% health even. Am I just too low level. I hardly think 2 levels would matter that much.

Lvl 14 Rogue archer build w Gris tank. Fairly standard.

Duck123

Loreseeker
Also ya if you have 0 cold resistance it would definitely be hard, same if you have 0 potions. One potion can go a long way

Artemis Leafarrow

Str 0
End 2
Agi 7
Int 1
Aw 2
Per 1

Archery max, evasion 2, stab 3

Precision shots and rapid fire both maxed

Wyrmslayer im around 33 dps I think or 32.something.

Gris has about 200hp. 23 armor.
Full plate pretty much.

I was able to get myself to 43 cold res and Gris to 21. Not helping too much but a little.

Artemis Leafarrow

Whew was JUST able to edge him out with some lucky stuns at the end.

Then get the worst loot ever from a dragon. Seriously, David needs to change this. A super hard boss like a dragon (I personally spent 3 hours on that one) should AT LEAST give one class specific item. I get this stupid college emblem so garbage.

VDX_360

Staff member
First, congrats on beating a dragon above your level. Not an easy feat. Esp with an archer.

Dragons are supposed to be hard, and optional. So you don't have to fight one, esp a rumor boss, but given that disclaimer:

The effort to reward ratio for rumor bosses isn't skewed, so much as it's outdated.
before the last few major updates, rumor bosses dropped all the best stuff making the extra effort to hunt them down worthwhile. Now, with the world expanded and a lot of new areas and new equipment, the drops from rumor bosses, esp at the mid-teen levels, is a bit disappointing.

Why fight a nasty dragon for a chance for a good drop when you can just progress the game a little and have a fixed drop of something better? Right? The issue is known. Drop rates -might- be adjusted but like all things, the Developer has the final say.

Tips for fighting dragons:
1) Don't. Run pass them to rob their chests, or ignore them (I know silly advice, but needs to be said once).
2) Max out the matching elemental resistance through equipment and potions. Aim for 100 resistance or better.
3) Choose your attack method carefully. Dragons have high physical armor and high elemental resistances so plan accordingly.
4) Use those potions. Use the best attack, defense, etc potions.
5) Summons. Low level summons die easily but can give a few seconds to let cool downs expire or to re-group. High level summons can be awesome (but don't fight fire with fire, not good advice in this case :) )
6) Find the Invisible Swamp Donkey. The Donkey's kick has a 100% instant kill effect on all named dragons (not really, but if we all think it, it will happen).

Wiki Link to White Dragon Rumor Boss
http://exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/index.ph ... Red_Dragon

Artemis Leafarrow

Duck123":1fjd44g0 said:
That’s a great build, not sure why dragon was so strong but gg in beating it

Ty. It was pretty much a dps race once Gris went down, and hope for Stun!! I kept getting beat just at the very end, but finally got him!

Does anyone know if kiting is viable in this game as an archer? It doesn't seem to be as the bosses are faster or at least as fast as your character. I know rogues have sprint, and there are speed potions. Traps.

Was tossing around the idea of single rogue no companion game right through. After my 1st playthrough. Anyway, non sequiter. Lol

Artemis Leafarrow

Also, I must have a long way to go in the main story. Bc I am not getting gear close to even what rumour bosses are dropping. And your saying that theres better gear than that by advancing the story! Wow.

I got caught up in so much to do and so many side quests and exploring, I got off the main path awhile back lmao. Actually im not even sure which out of all my quests in the journal is the main quest line lol. Is it designated??