When will the game development be finished?

Conan The Barbarian

I played the free trail almost a year ago and thought it was great. I've been checking in periodically waiting to hear when the game will finally be completed before I buy it. I don't want to play til I've reached the end of what's been developed and have to wait weeks or months while new areas are being developed before I can continue playing again. So when will this ever be finished?

VDX_360

Staff member
Per the Developer, Version 1.0 (the first "complete" version of the game) is due out between July and August (likely July, but to be "safe" August).

After Version 1.0, little things might get added or corrected and way down that list is the introduction of the Mage class.

Conan The Barbarian

So if I buy now I'm good to play the full version when it comes out? If I don't, am I risking paying more for the completed version or will it be the same?

VDX_360

Staff member
That's a great question! If you BUY the game NOW, you GET ALL FUTURE UPDATES without extra fees, per the Developer and the terms and conditions in the small print at time of purchase.

For example, I purchased the game way back and every update is just a routine update with no fees etc. So when Version 1.0 comes out, it will just be an update for any person currently with the game.

You could in theory buy the game now and start playing it and with the update mostly dealing with new end-of-content, you might be able to seamless update to the next version as it might come out when you're ready for it (there's lots and lots of hours of game play to end of the current content).

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
VDX_360":2bytb6u8 said:
Per the Developer, Version 1.0 (the first "complete" version of the game) is due out between July and August (likely July, but to be "safe" August).

Actually, I never understood this as time line for v1.0, but for next beta version. Will we start v1.0, or we still be in 0.9, it was never discussed.

Previously, for all 0.x version David just posted retrospectively that from now on we are in new 0.x version, having reached all milestones for that version. And you can also see this within game game version indicator, as well as from changelog.

You can monitor milestones to v1.0 here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10076