Whats the best class in 1.3

Commiades

It comes down to play style. I like ranged classes. My favourite is the Wand Mage. I find the Archer a bit of a button mash for me, and I keep missing with my kicks.

Stealth Rogue is my other favourite. I'm belatedly waking up to the power of Sneak Attack II & III. I like the options rogues have over other melee classes.

Streets ahead

At the highest levels it's a mage hands down. Either wand or stave will serve you well with lightning and disintegrate.

ajay

I am so biased that I have only tried a cleric and warrior. They weren't anything I enjoyed. The Rogue by far is the best class for me. I am not sure what a mage can do as far as damage output. I had a thread going a while back about biggest hits dealt, but no one posted any screen shots that I saw. As a lvl 25 Rogue on hard I avg Assassinate Stabs in the mid to high 400's and topped out at the low 500's. I have also killed a Red Dragon in Icemist Under levels with a flurry of seconds which culminated in hits of 398, 402 and 48. Yes, a double Assassinate Stab crit. And I have nearly the AC of HP of a Warrior with any resists that I might need. So, yes I challenge the thought that a mage is generally the best class.

I am so biased that I have only tried a cleric and warrior. They weren't anything I enjoyed. The Rogue by far is the best class for me. I am not sure what a mage can do as far as damage output. I had a thread going a while back about biggest hits dealt, but no one posted any screen shots that I saw. As a lvl 25 Rogue on hard I avg Assassinate Stabs in the mid to high 400's and topped out at the low 500's. I have also killed a Red Dragon in Icemist Under levels with a flurry of seconds which culminated in hits of 398, 402 and 48. Yes, a double Assassinate Stab crit. And I have nearly the AC of HP of a Warrior with any resists that I might need. So, yes I challenge the thought that a mage is generally the best class.

hey friend, a question, how can you post these photos on the forum? what do you use to do that?

eungpar

At least for high levels, Mage is the best class I think. Which class can easily farm in Ark? Mage is the only class which can do that.

Commiades

At least for high levels, Mage is the best class I think. Which class can easily farm in Ark? Mage is the only class which can do that.
Rogues can farm there happily too, either archers or melee ones. Not so sure warriors or clerics have so easy a time.

Xen

Loreseeker
Rogues can farm there happily too, either archers or melee ones. Not so sure warriors or clerics have so easy a time.
Easy for Cleric, though it's a bit hard for Warrior due to being potion dependent