What should I do about my low level?

Alven Kaiser

As I was playing, I realized that Monsters are high level for me and I have completed all the quests in the low level areas and I don't wanna do town hall quests. They are way too monotonous. Can you noble souls help this troubled adventurer cleric who is apparently a descendant of a imperial archmage?

Last edited:

Neponde

Ah the midgame slump.

You can go clear out smaller sidequests, you might find a few you missed if you look at the quest by level thread pinned at the top. You could clear a few dungeons of appropriate level. Theres a few dungeons that are off the beaten path which primary quests don't lead you to. Or you can push and challenge some of the harder dungeons that are difficult, and you won't be able to clear, but consider it an adventure!

Alven Kaiser

Ah the midgame slump.

You can go clear out smaller sidequests, you might find a few you missed if you look at the quest by level thread pinned at the top. You could clear a few dungeons of appropriate level. Theres a few dungeons that are off the beaten path which primary quests don't lead you to. Or you can push and challenge some of the harder dungeons that are difficult, and you won't be able to clear, but consider it an adventure!
Thanks. It really helped me.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
@Alven Kaiser There are lots of excellent places to grind for XP, it depends on your level and build. Here are a few ideas:

1) My favorite XP hunting ground is Wyvern Mountain. The white wolves are worth a lot of XP. Notice their level: the higher it is, the most XP they give. There are white wolves in other areas, but the ones in Wyvern Mountain are a bit bigger and worth more XP. Plus, if you sell the white pelts to Varannari hunters, you can make a fortune! You can rest nearby at Whitetower. Ideal for mid to high levels of at least 10+ (Cold resistance and fire damage are recommended!)

2) The Maze of Lambt, where the minotaurs live, just North of Jabal Town. This is a fan favorite, perfect for mid levels (8+). Minotaurs are not worth as much XP as the white wolves of Wyvern Mountain, but they drop good items you can sell.

3) At lower levels, like 5-6, I suggest going to the Greater Inori desert and rest for free at the cleric camp where Hirge hangs out at the beginning. Then, go hunt the undead in the desert near the entrance of the Tolassian ruins. Don't go inside, it's too hard at low levels. Just kill the undead outside, go rest for free, and repeat until your bag is filled with lots of items to sell. You'll get rich quick and gain XP in no time!

Kakost

As a cleric, the Mercian Crypts may suit you. There's also a quest in there, and if you kill the necromancer, it greatly reduces the amount of specters that keep respawning. If you completed the second quest of that scum Rohl, the one that sends you for a trap, you can get Ruby Key n2, that at least for me was the first and easiest one to grab, so you can already open it. Just check the wiki before to prepare, and beware of the entrance trap. Death Resistance and mostly Fire Damage will do the trick.

Depending on your level, you should try to get to Icemist too by completing the 4 quests of the Mages Guild Enclaves. Icemist has one particularly good quest that will grant you a very good Amulet (Amulet of Whispers or Amulet of Dark Whispers, depending on your choice), and being a Cleric I believe you could do it a bit earlier. If not, there are several other good quests to do, like the one of Lady Xidar (what was the name of the quest again? Damn I forgot).

Usually speaking, doing quests is a better - and less boring - way to improve, in both items, XP, gold and items.

I would recommend you to do Town Hall quests however, just a few, in order to get reputation, if you wanna do the Quest "3 vs 11" (and you do wanna do it), or buy a house in New Garand or in Nivarian (for Ilmaria you'll have to do a few to be able to both buy the house and to gain access to the library)

VDX_360

Staff member
Where are you exactly, level and quest wise?

There is a mid-game limbo where you feel to powerful for early game stuff, and not yet ready for mid-game stuff. But it's not clear if the Original Poster is in that slump, or if the OP is missing an chunk of early game stuff that would help out?

Have you found the Tower of Tremedan? (you mention archmage as an ancestor, so yes?)
Have you cleared out a spider filled grotto?
Have you taken on the orc area near Kingsbridge? (Have you done Fort Assualt?)
Have you explored the fire goblin caves north of Lannegar?
Have you cleared out all the early dungons for all their secrets (those tasty tombs!).
Have you gathered up some troll skins to get a poison resist item? (fire weapons are needed).

There are a few easy to miss small quests that give XP and some equipment that might help. See Wiki for quests by area.

VDX_360

Staff member
Also, what's your build set-up?

Clerics might be my favorite overall class as it has a nice balance of melee combat with durability. It's also set up nicely for a peaceful ending.

I strongly suggest using Gris as a Companion. Her extra combat ability will help a lot.
If you go Warrior-Cleric (Cleric in the Warrior's Guild), you can get some nifty melee focused stuff.
If you go Church of the Three route, Battle Prayer and Guardian Wolf are quite nifty (Summoner will improve the wolf, but it's skill point intensive).
Note: Flames of Faith can be brutal when used effectively, but the nature of it's AoE can be problematic in a complex fight.

Alven Kaiser

Awesome. What did you end up doing, out of curiosity?
I did the goblin dungeon that I found earlier but forgot haven't played much after because of not having time. Will play today though.
Post automatically merged:    

Where are you exactly, level and quest wise?

There is a mid-game limbo where you feel to powerful for early game stuff, and not yet ready for mid-game stuff. But it's not clear if the Original Poster is in that slump, or if the OP is missing an chunk of early game stuff that would help out?

Have you found the Tower of Tremedan? (you mention archmage as an ancestor, so yes?)
Have you cleared out a spider filled grotto?
Have you taken on the orc area near Kingsbridge? (Have you done Fort Assualt?)
Have you explored the fire goblin caves north of Lannegar?
Have you cleared out all the early dungons for all their secrets (those tasty tombs!).
Have you gathered up some troll skins to get a poison resist item? (fire weapons are needed).

There are a few easy to miss small quests that give XP and some equipment that might help. See Wiki for quests by area.
I can't seem to remember the name called tower of tremedan. (I learned about it in the mysterious letter main quest)
Yes I have cleared out the spider filled grotto.
I am low level for that orc fort quest.
Yes I did goblin dungeon recently.
I think I have cleared all tollasians tombs.
Trolls are waaayyyy out of my reach. (I am lvl 7 and I think trolls were 15)

Can you give me a hint to about the tower of tremedan?
Also, what's your build set-up?

Clerics might be my favorite overall class as it has a nice balance of melee combat with durability. It's also set up nicely for a peaceful ending.

I strongly suggest using Gris as a Companion. Her extra combat ability will help a lot.
If you go Warrior-Cleric (Cleric in the Warrior's Guild), you can get some nifty melee focused stuff.
If you go Church of the Three route, Battle Prayer and Guardian Wolf are quite nifty (Summoner will improve the wolf, but it's skill point intensive).
Note: Flames of Faith can be brutal when used effectively, but the nature of it's AoE can be problematic in a complex fight.
I am not playing any build just doing what I think is right.

Last edited:

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I can't seem to remember the name called tower of tremedan. (I learned about it in the mysterious letter main quest)
Can you give me a hint to about the tower of tremedan?

You can research the ToT in either library, one in New Garand the other in Mercia.

The quest Forgotten Lore (the Necromancy Books quest) is a good start on getting on good terms with either Library.