What rpg android games do you play besides exiled kingdoms?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Unfortunately he made it clear he was looking through the Google store and Archaelund isn't being targetted as an Android release but as a Steam PC game.

There might be an Android version but it isn't being designed with small phone limitations in mind. (One of the reasons EK is better than Baldur's Gate on the phone is EK is designed with the smaller-scale screen and interface of the phone in mind).

p4ran0id

Staff member
Oh sorry, I overlooked that part.

There is a bit hope, David said that after archerlund there would be something for EK. There are 3 options
A) EK will be open-source, than everyone will be able to use it for new content
B) modding, an API for mods, but that seems to be very hard because play or apple store isn't made for that and each mod has to be confirmed separately
C) something like dlc and David will give new content

But all 3 options are only after archerlund, so no promises

FeeFiFoFum

Other exceptional games I can say is Planescap Torment (Still to this day one of my top 10) always loved the original EOB (Eye of the Beholder) chronicles, Ultima Series, a Bards Tale and Titan Quest. I also am a huge fan of the Witcher, Biowolf and anything steampunk related.

I would however love to see a modern spin on (not remake or remastering) games like Quest for the glory and space quest.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I don't like to play classics from Interplay on Android (BG, Torment, etc), the screen is simply too small for those controls, at least for me.

I am currently playing on PC, not android. I normally don't like very much the "modern" RPGs, but Pathfinder:Kingmaker, is a great game. I use the turn-based mod, though. After several weeks I am still hooked.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Android is more than just phones though, tablets can be 10 to 20 inches big.

Beamdog recommend 7 inches of screen size, though my phone at around 6.5 inches it's playable. Not ideal but doable.

FeeFiFoFum

stonedwolf":30rwmmva said:
Android is more than just phones though, tablets can be 10 to 20 inches big.

Beamdog recommend 7 inches of screen size, though my phone at around 6.5 inches it's playable. Not ideal but doable.

Yes if one has a big Tablet or touchscreen beamdog games can be played. Personally I still find them better on PC. Also the extra controls Key assignment helps.

However I never tried using a BT keyboard with a tablet.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
If you have a good gaming PC and are at home, sure that's the ideal scenario, the mods alone for those systems make them preferable.

Mobile devices biggest draw is, well, that they're mobile.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Let's see what future holds for us, cloud gaming will be a big thing next years I think, than it's not really important which device you use for a game ;)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I am playing a nice point&click adventure called the Frostrune

It has quite nice art and atmosphere, and it is completely free.