What is the fastest way to level for a high level player?

younsomoom

Lv 21 warrior, companion hirge lv 19

So I completed every side quests available in exiled kingodms (except the marthisian codex) and I have to level up as fast as possible (preferably 23 ~25) to start my journey to ashen wastes.

Any suggestions?

VDX_360

Staff member
Run trips into the Arc... oh wait, you're not there yet.....

Run trips in the Sunken Citadel. Those Ashen Minotaur give great XP and good loot. Equipment you can use, equip or sell. Plus

The exploding goblin issue isn't too bad. Just keep an eye on their HP and start to run once they did. Or just let your Companion deal the death blow. Once you get past them, you have an campsite you can use as a free inn. Makes for great XP grinding with the Ashen Wastes nearby.

VDX_360

Staff member
It's late so my brain is slipping... I don't recall exactly if you can teleport from the Citadel (pun intended). But if you can't, you just walk out of the dungeon and your in the world so you can teleport from there.

What I might suggest, is you getting through to the campsite than making raids into the Ashen Wastes and Sunken Citadel. Run back to the campsite when your low (so you don't have to do the long walk back). That way you gets good XP, start to find top tier drops, and get used to the area.

Note: until you get a certain hood (vague to avoid a spoiler), those red balls of death hurt a lot but after a bit you can get pretty good at dodging them.

You can get one of the needed hoods in the Sunken Citadel so raiding into that area progresses the game too.

Also, once you beat the Underkind (he's fun!), you can warp directly between the Sunken Citadel and outside New Garland, a nice grinding spot.

Argarath

I was at same level as you doing Ark. Whatever gears you have will be obsolete once you farm Ark. I would agree farming Sunken for Ashen gears for your Warrior then move on to Ark. Sunken you can teleport out but I would suggest trying to solve the puzzle to open the shortcut back to New Garand asap to help getting back to Sunken easily.

Argarath

You can find 1 anti rad hood in a cave before the Sunken area. The second one for your companion unfortunately is in the Sunken Citadel so expect your companion to take heavy radiation damage. Do not explore the area, just head straight to the Citadel until you have 2 hoods

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
younsomoom":22i44kc5 said:
Lv 21 warrior, companion hirge lv 19

So I completed every side quests available in exiled kingodms (except the marthisian codex) and I have to level up as fast as possible (preferably 23 ~25) to start my journey to ashen wastes.

Any suggestions?
I'm just now realizing how grateful I am for my cleric's Teleport skill.

The Ark isn't all that great for xp, but you'll definitely need to run through it a BUNCH of times to get batteries, gear, and medipacks. Get to that as soon as possible, because the gear is awesome and it'll make your life a lot easier. Use every potion you have to kill the Underking and go farm some spiders.

If you haven't gotten all the Hall of Wisdom visions, you should start grinding gold for that. Hirge is strong against undead, so I would clear Mercian Royal Crypt, recall to Freetown, sell the loot, then clear Bandit Hideout. The gold is great, and the xp's pretty good, since Hirge can kill those wraiths in half a second.

I'd also clear the Mausoleum for gold. The skeletons in the southern area hold 1-3 large emeralds, which you can save for Priestess Br'mee and get 5k xp.

To all the clerics out there: Go to Wyvern Mountains. Walk around until you have about 50 wolves and wyverns following you. Use Flames of Faith and Sacred Fire while spamming heal potions. Instant 5k xp.

PS: You can't teleport from the Citadel, so just exit up the staircase to the Wastes.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Zalvarez0627":2segmisv said:
I'm just now realizing how grateful I am for my cleric's Teleport skill.

Maybe a bit ot, but why?! You're not the first one telling how awesome the gate skill is. But why? Gold is the only Ressource I never had problem with. So where is the benefit to use that skill instead of a scroll?

VDX_360

Staff member
I agree that if someone wants to stock up on recall and teleport scrolls, the skill Gate isn't needed. But for those that are gold light, early in the game, or just don't like to buy scrolls, Gate is pretty useful. At higher levels when skill points are scare but gold is plentiful, one might want to reconsider those skill points.

Recall scrolls sell in the 280 range (depending on where).
Teleport scrolls sell for about 600.
Gate I requires 1 skill point and gives Recall.
Gate II requires 2 skill points (3 total) and gives Teleport.

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
Uh...let's pretend I didn't forget Teleport scrolls exist. I haven't played as anything but cleric since the Thuram update :D

Teleport scrolls can get pretty expensive, though, especially if you want that last Hall of Wisdom vision. In my farthest Iron Man run, I got to level 24 and beat the Parasite--and was still 80k gold short of the vision.

You also don't appreciate the freedom until you have it. Part of my endgame grind was bouncing between midlevel dungeons a bunch of times a day--Wyvern Mountains -> Mausoleum -> Mercian Crypt -> Abbey of Saint Admus. Killing a thousand undead at a time, especially as a cleric, gives WAY more xp and gold than one ashen minotaur. 600 gold per teleport seems small, but it adds up when you're trying to save.