What is missing from EK?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I've read a few posts, often by moderators, about what was missing or unfinished in EK, e.g. crafting system, a house in Freetown, etc. and it was a long list but I can't find them. Can we get a semi-definitive list up of what is missing, unfinished, etc., from EK? It can be everything from David's developer statements to in-game events.

It would be nice, I think, to have a single thread on this, not least so anyone who wants can reference it.

PLEASE: no wish-lists, suggestions, etc.

VDX_360

Staff member
I don't think there's a single, comprehensive list. I also think the word "missing" is not the best word to describe yet to be implemented parts of the game.

I -think- crafting is the only concept that's referenced in the game but isn't part of the game. In that narrow sense, it's missing from the game (it's mentioned, but not in it). There's only a few places where the game references crafting, namely for troll skin and dragon scales.

The other stuff isn't mentioned as being actual content in the game and thus "missing." It's just not in the game.

For clarity, Previously, David the Developer stated awhile ago the game is finished, with future updates to be less likely. He recently announced updates are in the early stage. You can read the News and Announcements section for those statements.

I'm also leery about having a single list of alleged "missing" aspects because it's too broad of a term. Only David knows what is actually planned for the game, and what is just background information added to the game.

But with the above, here's a partial list of things mentioned in the game that aren't in the yet at this time. Wether or not they just world building, or areas for possible future content is only known to David and his pet Swamp Donkey.

Things that have in-game reference of some-type.
1) Crafting. Mentioned in-game as a possible update to the game. Not in game.
2) Cities on the map, but not in the game. Check world map for those. Not all the Cities on the map need to be in the game but a few places have in-game red font statements when you try to access them. (This is a catch-all group that covers Freeport, Orc Kingdom, etc).
3) The third elemental dungeon in Tremendan's Tower. (Or fourth?). The map has a door for it, caved-in currently.
4) The second floor of Lannegar Mine.
5) Using the elemental orbs from Tremendan's Tower to power up a weapon or skill. Trix's references the orb's having that purpose, but not in game.
6) Elisse Urhad She's been seeking help since an early version of the game, but ultimately got reduced to being a background person.
7) Meeting / Getting Quests from the head of the Thieves Guild. It's mentioned at time of joining the guild. Not in game.
8) Knighthood.
9) The Lady of the Knight story arc (includes Icemyst drama).
10) Meeting Leafstrike in New Garand.
11) Meeting Princess Elleira back on her island throne.

Not reference in-game, but a player might assume they're in the game.
12) A player house in Freetown (nothing in the game says it's an option, but the other capitals have one).

Misc.
13) Helping Zilda with her revolution. Not really missing, because the quest ends but there is room for a future tie-in with anything dealing with the Corsair islands.

Again, I think "missing" is a misleading word choice so take the above list with a grain of salt.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
OK "missing" isn't an ideal word or is a loaded word but you knew what I meant. I think you'd written a very similar list not toooo long ago but you write so blooming much on this site I couldn't find it. 😸

I was just wanting a list for helping people out on Reddit etc. and was in no way trying to nudge David I repeat not try to *nudgewink* give David a list of things to consider...

BOSTACH

If i may add, steel thunder says that our path will cross again if you help them escape if i remember correctly ヽ(´ー`)

VDX_360

Staff member
The original poster states in the very first post: " PLEASE: no wish-lists, suggestions, etc. " and than paradoxically states soon after "... *nudgewink* give David a list of things to consider... " That seems disingenuous.

I'm also not found of the idea of someone posting an opened ended topic in this forum simply to engage in copy-and-paste to Reddit. That's not helpful.

For clarity, there's nothing wrong with a wish-list, and David has even recently started an Item Update Thread to identify and fill any large gaps in equipment progression, or helpful minor adjustments to equipment.

I'm not locking this thread because I see the value in the idea as it was initially presented. Some players might benefit from having a Not Implemented List as a way to staunch a fruitless search for something they heard about of Reddit or some other den of misinformation. (For example, Reddit users in the past have posted screen shots and videos of them playign characters as vampires, or taking a ship to Freeport. The videos were fake/ product of an altered game).

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I'm not being mendacious, by "no wish-lists & suggestions" I was trying to keep the thread from being flooded for requests for Druids classes, etc., nothing more. As you say, there's no problem in wish-list threads even if they don't happen - but I didn't want this one to split between apparently or arguably missing elements and new elements. That's all.

I don't know what old Reddit was like but currently it has the occasional n00b post for help. For me it's handy to have as much information about the same topic in the same place, obviously the Wiki has 99% of that but "stuff not in the game" for equally obvious reasons isn't part of that. The days of the Reddit Vampire characters appear to be over.