What is considered as an animal or semi animal in the game?

0rion79

Hi, i was just wondering what is considered to be an animal or semi animal in the game and that triggers the bonus provided by the Beast Slayer attribute

Ipalalien

Animal is like wolf, mirmek, bear, mamba and semi-animals is like minotaur, ursan, werewolf and many more

VDX_360

Staff member
That's a great question.

I -think- the following trigger Beast Slayer damage:
Apes, Bears, Batraxes, Dragons, Manticores, Minotaurs, Mirmeks, Rats, Rexadons, Shapeshifters, Snakes, Spiders, Ursans, Vorators, Wolves, Worms, Wyverns, Yetis

True beasts are pretty obvious. The challenge comes from what counts as "semi-animals."

The wiki has long been outdated on this topic and with the new content, it would be nice to get a solid, 100% clear answer.

0rion79

If that so.... It would be a super versatile ability, worth of taking more for the extra damage and less for the bear itself

Xen

Loreseeker
I think Dragons belong to Elementals so Banishing is the one that can affect them.

Beast Slayer affect animals and semi-animals. Batrax, Minotaur, Ursan, Werewolf and Yeti are semi-animals. Ape, Bear, Manticore, Mirmek, Rat, Sabercat, Snake, Spider, Vorator, Wolf, Worm are animals

VDX_360

Staff member
I -think- dragons are considered elemetentals for the purpose of elemental resistance. I don't think dragons are considered outsiders for the purpose of banishing attribute. Note, the dragon killing bow (Wrymslater) has Beast Slayer, not Banishing.

That's true, because Wyrmslayer isn't dragon killing bow, but Wyvern killing bow. And beastslayer is just for hunting other animals.

0rion79

Anyway, the beast slayer attribute looks better than the new skill, since the latest affects pure animals only and not semi-animals.
It is a pity that there is no way to test all this (or is extremely difficult) since the battle log doesn't tell if an attack triggered any special attribute... You had to. E extremely accurate and see if any attack did deal any damage greater than expected. It is the only way to tell if the beast slayer attribute did trigger or not.

Xen

Loreseeker
Outsider is different from Elemental but they're both from a different plane. Banishing attribute is not limited to Outsider but it can also affect Elemental

About Wyrmslayer, it's off topic but like what @Dalvin Mallory said it is a wyvern slayer and not dragon because wyvern is basically weak against fire

Commiades

Orion79, in the Details screen, the bonus for Beast Master is the same as for the Hunter's Machete: +2 vs. Beasts.