How to? What can a mage use weapon wise against spirit ?

How to do something?

FATHOBBIT

Having trouble against spirits in the pit level 19 mage any wand or staff or even starmetal are doesn't seem to do much .

VDX_360

Staff member
The Wiki lists all weapons that have the Spirit element. Scroll down to staffs/wands.
Golden Wand, Staff of Wonders, Branch of the Holy Tree

By design, Mages will struggle in the Pit due to the inherent lack of spirit damage.

Shadows are both undead and outsiders so weapon attributes that have Holy and Banishment will do extra damane.

Shadows have high resistance to elements making fire, shock and poison rather useless against them.
They only have 50 ice resistance, which means really strong ice weapons might do more damage than your spirit options.

Mages have a few skills that can help, such as Combustion which lowers an enemy's resistance.

p4ran0id

Staff member
I recommend you not to attack at all as mage, it's way too easy to get aggro and die that way. When I did pit on Ironman I didn't use any wand/staff at all, only for last hit sometimes.

It's more efficient to use companion and summon to kill them, you will need lot of potions for that (scrolls also useful). It takes a while, but is more safe.

High level enemies you have to attack, but make sure to kill the small one first, they are crazy fast and can kill you in a blink of an eye