What are the best items for magicians?

VDX_360

Staff member
To answer your question, yes, a staff (2-Hand) can be more powerful than a wand (1-hand), but it really depends on what weapon your comparing, what skills you have, what your trait points are, and where you are in the game. So... comparing wands and staves is not a clear linear process.

Wands, which are one-hand weapons for mages, allow the use of an off-hand item, either an orb or shield. As such, wands are considered the more defensive build for mages. Wand use can be improved through the skill Wand Mastery.

Staves, which are two-handed weapons for mages, tend to do more damage but dont allow the use of an off-hand item. As such, staves are considered the more offensive build for mages. Staff use can be improved through the skill Staff Mastery.

The Wiki has a great outline of skills, and equipment.
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... =Main_Page

Taylor

Olá amigos, sou um mago de 18 níveis. Para varinha, uma mão pode ser melhor do que duas?
Amigo existe uma arma na cripta real da mercia é uma varinha de uma mão, que tem uma taxa de dano critico de 8%, usando a skill tiros precisos essa taxa sobe para 20% e para somar mais, existe uma habilidade que é chamado de críticos massivos, que adiciona um máximo de +300% de dano ao desferir um golpe crítico, a habilidade de atirar com precisão é encontrada na sétima casa em New garand, e a habilidade de críticos massivos está na guilda dos guerreiros também em New garand

Kakost

I always recommend staff, especially for late game. The Wand's push can be problematic sometimes, making it a bit harder to position yourself (180 degrees behind Griss), and many bosses are immune to it.

It's also easy to push Int to 8+ at late game, making the damage from Staves ro far out pass that of Wands, and the slow effect lands very often and is a life saver in more ways than just one.

But, as always with this game, it's all a matter of style and personal preference

Nivarian99

I always recommend staff, especially for late game.

What are some easy and good early staves? I managed to get Vitriolic (unknown dungeon) and Cadeucus of Scorching, and the Staff of Seas, but the latter two are Arcane esp the Seas is a big drain on early mage mana pool.

is there a great staff you can get early like rogues can get Wrymslayer? The staff of missiles maybe from the maze? Except it doesnt have any attributes, just good ole plain damage

Nivarian99

Indeed Storms is now my fav staff! Hmm, good point, except I haven't ventured out that far south yet! I have met the old beggar twice so far, although I've been with Griss. Level 17, btw. Maybe high time to do rascal's quest? Havent done Griss' either!

Yes triggered at 13 but does it mean the game actually expects that you are ready for those quests at that level itself? Or is it better to wait till you grow up a bit?

Nivarian99

Talking about dashing in and out, on a whim, I just got a new mage to run straight to New Garand after the first Goblin quest! Didnt spend a penny to already get my initial equipment! Wondering why I didnt think of this right at the beginning!

Had to run around a few bandits and orcs though, but sheer adrenaline rush!!