What are somethings for the rich millionaires?

Celfious

just trying to think of good uses for gold. I have a lot of potions, recall scrolls, etc, but I want to ask for ideas, for stuff attractive to buy once we are uber rich.

I don't know if this will have any MMO instances.
I would grind a few mil for a super decked out gear though
It may be worth it to pay 1 mil for stats or skill points

have any other ideas?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I have a few plan on several end-game uses for money, but please share here your ideas. Also I'd like to hear how much money you got "in excess" by the time you finished the available content.

VDX_360

Staff member
I find it's easy to walk around with tens of thousands in excess gold around the time one takes on Bluerock Castle. After that, it's all about potion management. It's easy to have 500k+ gold by the end of the current content, even if one is friendly with potions. If one is super potion heavy, still can have between 50k and 100k with stacks of potions. I try to buy commonly use potions and scrolls in sets of 100 and I never sweat for cash. Well, my Warrior never sweats for catch, sometimes my Rouge struggles to buy all 300 potions.

It seems the house, the Greatax of Falling Stars and the +2 Belt are the three big expensive items in the game. After you get those, there's nothing else really to spend money on except potions and travel fees.

Early game, someone struggles to get gold. Mid-game, you have to save up for a bit, End-game, you're wondering why you're bothering hunting for an inheritance when you got 2 to 3 million in gold......

Serge

20+ and never had excess of money. First belts, after that potions and respecs. Post respec now and gathering money again for a lot of scrolls.
For end-game money use. As I understand knighthood already planned, so the next step is obviously a Barony. And Barony need castle. And household troops. And household warriors need to be payed regularly, need weapon and armor, and expect gifts from the lord.

SirDonkalot

Im in the 20s with my Ironmen , The gold circled pretty well , having 20k+ at any given time was pretty luxary.
However, i like the idea of having a fun option for the gold if your playstyle leads up to a pile. For me it would be x amount of speedpotions or turn undead scrolls at the current state of the game.

My Ideas that would be fun in my mind would be:

-Having a Gambling NPC , D2 like, where you have the Chance to get random items, common and unique pieces.

-Having an option to buy an unique belt off the King in New garand , for an absurd amount of gold , let it be like 1million. something that makes you curios.

-Having an option to donate to the church of the three in order to create a monument that may change in apperance on the amount that you have donated.
That could give you a longer or slightly bigger Xp bonus, whenever you decide to take the blessing on a three altar

-The same concept could be applied to the boatsmen. If you decide to donate a good amount of money to the boatsmen around. they may let you connect a traveloption that was not possible before. (Kingbrige to new garand for example)

-Or may pay the wizards a good sum , in order to get a little teleportionroom for yourself that you can use from your house

-Hire workers in the Lannergar Mine that dig further into the lannegar Mine, that doungen could expand given the amount you decide to spend on. ( The doungen could expand physically or having a worker just report each time what he found and hand you part of the treasure)
Something that can the repeated and be random at the same time...

Maybe you like some of those concepts

Celfious

41 hours in I am happy to report:

I have a 25,000 house
125 major HP potions
40 Recall scrolls
200+ gems
a vault tab full of various weapons and armor
105,000 gold
and last but not least 950 skulls lol

For a million I'd grind my way to some epic epic resistance jewlery. Like +2 A.C. and +30 resistance to alll or most resistances..

Aussie Dude

I'd like the option to free the slaves, either by quests or buy they all and then free them.

Linosaurus

Lvl 18 rogue, all 68 quests done. 11k gold, carrying maybe 25-30k worth of potions and scrolls. Bought the house as one of the last things I did. I have used quite a lot of potions, mostly the cheapest ones.

No idea where someone would get 500k in excess from, unless they mean grinding out all the rumor boss gear and hitting lvl 20+.

I feel money balance is in a good place. I'd grind money a few times, but also feel comfortable spending a fair bit on potions and recall scrolls.

Celfious

hmmm, mounts?
quick travel option access at each town for a one-time hefty fee &quest.
companion pets that die all the time
cosmetic pets that do not engage combat
pets that store items or have some other unique ability.
cosmetics

By the way I grinded for a few hours. For a warrior it's not to difficult to get 100k. That being said I have to wonder how a rogue could do the same? Thieves / rogues I imagine would be more squishy than a 5/6 endurance warrior. This is a whole other subject but maybe rogues could get higher gold drops of something.

by the way anytime I voice an opinion or idea, its only to polish what is already a pristine game.

Celfious

an item that enables one to move very swiftly with a 1 second cool down, like an endless charge without attack.

also, 500k worth while to open chakra equip.
I know we have cloaks but I want to mention capes.
Teleportation rod, Bluerock castle or deadwood for example.

I hope I'm not spouting off to much.