Weather effects

Refaze

This game is one of the best old school rpgs on the market, no questions about that. We have so many outside areas and already have a day/night cycle. It would be awesome if you could add rain/snow/lightning. How hard would that be to implement? It would just give the environments more life.

Sebithek

Yes that would be great. I think wheather effects could be a great impact to the game. Im very excited to experience all maps in different weather, really nice feelings about. How about rain in Inori or Snow in Fögas Forest?:)

Another suggestion is that some monsters only appear at different weather, like the werewolves in iross higlands. It would be more complex, you have to think about your equipment or if you could complete a quest or not.

pedrinho

Translator
As a former programming apprentice (I programmed some little games some years ago), I believe it is not hard to implement, but it would be too heavy for mobile. English is not my native tongue, so lets try to say it in other words: it would make phone's processor work a lot more, causing excessive heat and batery drain.
David can correct me if I am wrong, but it would not be a good idea from the perspective of leting the game be as much playable as possible (of course, it could be something that the player could just turn on/off, but not a key feature for story/quest purposes).
And the more developers spend time on visual, the less they would have to dedicate to a good story, the main power of RPGs... Let alone in this case, where we are talking about a one-man work.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It is possible to implement although it'll take some experimentation regarding efficience on different devices. I'll have a look at it after 1.0

waclawczernobyl

I also agree, weather would be amazing. Maybe it could slightly affect mob stats? For instance, blizzard / snow would make ice oriented creatures stronger, rain could boost fire resistance of trolls, etc.