Warrior with off hand

Joe Simon

I'm new to the warrior. Don't have 2H mastery yet, but at least at lower levels using an offhand weapon instead of a shield seems to kill much more efficiently. Looking forward to a 2H weapon with 2H mastery, but right now my icicle is doing more damage than any 2H weapon I've found.

VDX_360

Staff member
What's your trait set up?

2-H weapons get damage from STR, with 2-H Expert maxed, STR x 2.5 is added to the damage total. As STR is raised and stronger 2-H weapons are obtained, 2-H weapons outpace all other types for damage-per-hit, damage-per-second is a little more complicated but in general for Warriors, 2-H builds will have a higher damage output than any other Warrior build.

Light weapons, like the Icicle, get damage from AGL and STR. Agility giving +1 damage per agility point, +0.5 damage per strength point.

The Icicle is a strong, unique weapon that is only obtainable through a certain quest outcome. For light weapon warriors, it's a weapon they might have for most the game. But if you're looking to go 2-H build, you're likely better off reconsidering your set up.

VDX_360

Staff member
If you want to go with an Agility warrior (light weapons and bows), here are a few tips:

1) Battle Rage: Without access to the Rogue's Bloodied Scarf or the Warrior skill Infantry Training (requires 1-H weapon, not Light, not 2-H), Battle Rage is your go-to way to counter stun. It requires END 4, Fury 3.

2) Flurry: While requiring 6 skill points to max, it gives the largest attack bonus of any skill, 75% for 6 seconds. Great for that extra kick to kill tougher enemies. It requires AGL 6.

3) Duel: Also a hefty skill point investment, Duel gives +10 per hit when maxed (skill and hit wise). Couple Duel with Flurry to get an edge against high armor, high HP enemies.

4) Heavy Hand: Gives damage bonus per hit. Debate if it's best use of skill points for agility warriors due to the STR 4 requirement but it does increase DPS by 7 to 8 depending on weapon speed (5 points per hit).

5) Shield or Off-hand: Light weapon shield users have great defense as they get the extra defense from agility and the better defense equation for using a shield. Off-hand weapons can give that extra damage bonus. Best advice is swap between a shield and off-hand weapon as needed. Note: off-hand weapons that deal fire damage can pair with any other weapon to kill trolls.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Wiki can give more details about skills. I might suggest you look over it for a long term game-plan for an Agility build warrior. They can do well in the game, might have some longer fights, but they can beat the game. Just keep in mind that an Agility warrior is not the same thing as a Rogue/

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/

vondarkmoore

This build a lows you to take a lot of damage while still dealing out a good damage amount. Also adding in Adaon as an archer adds extra dps.

I have been able to kill every boss in game no problem with this set up as a 1 handed warrior.

Joe Simon

Warrior using an offhand weapons feels too much like a rogue, which I've already completed the game with, I think I want to challenge myself with a completely different game play.

Boondocks_Mike

VDX_360":8b078530 said:
2) Flurry: While requiring 6 skill points to max, it gives the largest attack bonus of any skill, 75% for 6 seconds. Great for that extra kick to kill tougher enemies. It requires AGL 6.

Flurry does not require full membership in the Thieves' Guild correct?

Sounkeng

Boondocks_Mike":3e6dqvj7 said:
VDX_360":3e6dqvj7 said:

Flurry does not require full membership in the Thieves' Guild correct?

That is correct. You have to have completed the freetown guild quest, as well as have aided the 7th hand in New garand. But membership is not required for that particular skill.

Although it should be noted that it isn't available to clerics.