IAmOdie

Name: Akia Themeder
Class: Warrior
Build: Tank
Preferred Weapon: Light Weapons

Skills
General Skills:
Extra Recovery Max Level (6 Skill Points)

Warrior Skills:
Shield Expert Max Level (3 Skill Points)
Resilience Max Level (6 Skill Points)

Advanced Warrior Skills:
Body Development Max Level (6 Skill Points)
Death Ward Max Level (3 Skill Points)
Spiritual Ward Max Level (3 Skill Points)
Fire Ward Max Level (3 Skill Points)
Ice Ward Max Level (3 Skill Points)
Shock Ward Max Level (3 Skill Points)
Toxic Ward Max Level (3 Skill Points)

Optional Skills for level above 20:
Gossip
Fury
Battle Rage
Massive Critical
Precision Strikes
Magical Training
Duel

Traits:
Strength 3 (6 Trait Points)
Endurance 5 (15 Trait Points)
Agility 4 (10 Trait Points)
Intellect 2-3 (3-6 Trait Points)
Awareness 2 (3 Trait Points)
Personality 2-3 (3-6 Trait Points)

Any suggestions?
I doubt I should have Battle Rage, and prefer Massive Critical anyday over Battle Rage. But at the end of the day, Adaon, either Ranger or Assassin, would kill my enemies for me while I tank any damage for him. And no Infantry Training since it requires 1-Handed weapon that isn't Light weapon.

VDX_360

Staff member
The new content includes a few nifty light weapons for warriors that might pair well with your plan.

Some feedback:
1) Warriors tend to be more effective with 1-H or 2-H weapons. The occasional light weapon (esp in early game) might help here-and-there, but long term if you want to use a shield, go with a 1-H weapons.
2) Your plan of STR 3 cuts you off from Heavy Hand which is one of the most impactful damage skills in the game.
3) If you want to go full agility, want not try using Flurry with your build?
4) Battle Rage is a great skill. It lets you break stun / paralysis and gives a damage increase.
5) You're sacrificing a lot of combat skills to max out resistance through skills. That might hinder you. Keep in mind you get a lot of resistance rings, and other equipment that you can swap for each area.
6) Your dependence on Adaon will hurt you when he's KO'ed. Maybe add Magical Training to your mix early (so you can use Circle of Restoration?
7) Your dependence on Adaon might hurt you in the ending part of the main quest (vague for spoilers).

Overall: This build might be workable on Story mode or Casual, but it might struggle in Normal or Hard. With a little tweaking you could get the peaceful ending, but if you end up fighting the parasite, you're going to have a hard time. IF you can even get to him.

Last thoughts: If you are willingly choosing this build for role-play considerations, awesome. Have at it and let us know how it goes. Don't worry about a broken build if it's fun.

IAmOdie

Update: Tried it on Story Mode, and you're right. While Steel Wizard AND Battle Droid hits just literally tickled, I struggled against Steel Spider, especially a number of them. The Sewer of Horrors is literal horror until I reached Elemental Plane of Fire where the heat didn't bother me, anyway. Nonetheless, the build was not what I thought it would.

Name: Akia Themeder
Class: Warrior
Build: Tank
Weapon: Nanocarbon Sword

Skills
General Skills:
Extra Recovery Max Level (6 Skill Points)

Warrior Skills:
Shield Expert Max Level
Resilience Max Level
Fury Max Level
Cleave Max Level

Advanced Warrior Skills:
Infantry Training Max Level
Fire Ward Max Level
Ice Ward Max Level
Shock Ward Max Level
Battle Rage Max Level
Magical Training Max Level
Duel Max Level

Traits:
Strength 4 (10 Trait Points)
Endurance 5 (15 Trait Points)
Agility 4 (10 Trait Points)
Intellect 3 (6 Trait Points)
Awareness 2 (3 Trait Points)
Personality 3 (6 Trait Points)

Personal Opinion:
Your Companion, whether Adaon, Grissenda, or Hirge, is what you truly have to worry about, and it's terribly hard on Normal or Hard once you reach the Ark of Lothasan. Summoning Earth Elementals is a temporal solution which can go wrong if the enemy agroed the Earth Elemental instead of you. Dimensional Parasite is surprisingly easy enough since Amarisa, Lady Calenda, and, again, Earth Elemental are there to help you. I literally only needed to heal four times when facing the Parasite, but I admit I was lucky on the last hit.

The Sewer of Horrors, as I said, was a literal horror. The moment I was late to heal Hirge with potion of lesser restoration became a real trouble, especially when it is environmental damage hitting her, and the enemies swarming you. It's fine enough in Icemist Underlevel, but the same problem above reappeared when I went to Elemental Plane of Fire facing Greater Demon if it agroes Hirge instead of you. For the case of agroing, however, it's my own mistake since I should have learned Bash instead of Ice Ward, especially since I learned Shield Expert.

Overall, it's a very difficult challenge, even in Casual, to play this build, especially when environmental damages are present, or you are left to your own device. But it's the most fun when you are facing area or quest bosses with you tanking all the damage while your companion or summon attacking them.