Warrior build

james3535

What is the best build for a warrior, strength or dexterity, and what is the best way to build it

feldon

Loreseeker
Strength to at least 4. Given that the best warrior weapon available is a 2h greatsword, I'd steer warrior in that direction. Whirlwind is a must, then join the warrior guild and take all four adv. skills.

feldon

Loreseeker
If you check out Shank's help thread, I believe there are a couple build suggestions there that are far more in depth.

Serge

I went with 2h warrior and regret it.
1h AGI based warrior with shield (I have Gris trained in that direction) looks a lot more attractive.
No stun could be compensated by better bash and better critical, which mesh nicely with new advanced skills.
Also best weapon for 1h is available earlier then for 2h.
Shield can provide not only armor but nice resistance too. Shield also very useful vs early ranged critters.
I would reset but best short sword is not available for me already.

Skater_Sirian

Serge":2jgxk538 said:
I went with 2h warrior and regret it.
1h AGI based warrior with shield (I have Gris trained in that direction) looks a lot more attractive.
No stun could be compensated by better bash and better critical, which mesh nicely with new advanced skills.
Also best weapon for 1h is available earlier then for 2h.
Shield can provide not only armor but nice resistance too. Shield also very useful vs early ranged critters.
I would reset but best short sword is not available for me already.

For my STR/2H/Whirlwind warrior, I build Gris to be the tank too: STR/Shield/Whirlwind. I didn't go with AGI because I wanted her to wield heavy 1H weapons and have more HP.

I trigger enemy aggro, run behind Gris, have the enemies clump around her, then I Whirlwind while they're distracted, then Cleave them all to oblivion. This prevents me from getting stunned also (which sometimes interrupts Whirlwind).

I only went 1H in early game, but it was 2H for me once I started finding the better 2H weapons.