Warrior Archer build

Vanish

Hi,

I've been looking for info for an archer warrior build i have in mind, but haven't found any. So I went ahead and started it.

I call it Fury Archer, It's currently lvl 4, with lvl 2 fury for damage and lvl 2 bash for defense/stun. I switch to shield and 1h, stun with bash and switch back to bow. Grisenda for meat shield

So far, it has 15.7 DPS with an Oaken bow....

I was wondering if anyone has done this before and can provide some guidance

MrJelly

Well I don't have done this and I don't think it's a good idea. Anyway you have to spent 0 skill points and rush the quest for adaon and for the rogue guild. You need lvl 4 agility and 10000 gold so you can take the skills for bow from new garand swears. And this is it. May you take bash, charge, fury. Over all you will be a poor rague. You can do it for the challenge tho.

VDX_360

Staff member
If you're having fun, keep at it :)

I like how you're plan to switch from bow to sword. You'll likely find yourself spending more time with sword at higher dungeons, but there's nothing wrong about using a bow to start off a fight. Get those hits in when you can.

Generally speaking, Rogues make much better bow people. For warriors, bows are more of a way to aggro an enemy to come to you, or situation based when you're trying to get an enemy.

But, when it comes down to it, see line 1.

Vanish

Alright. I have done the unknown dungeon and I'm almost ready to get the skills from the sewers. Already have the AGI, just need 5000 more. Bash and Fury are maxed out.

So far, the high damage with bow is great and being able to go tank with a weapon switch is neat.

What bow should I get? And what sword and shield?

MrJelly

I think it's a good idea to rush the three quests so you can take the bow from "the moon children" it's really good. Now. You will take new items as the game goes on. For shield you can farm mausoleum. For melee you need light so you can rush "the world is a stage".
I hope I helped. Have fan.

Vanish

Alright, I need some reputation to do that quest. Currently lvl 8. Going everywhere with 50 hp can be a bit scary, particularly with traps but with the attack speed buff I reach 31.1 DPS with oaken bow....

So far it destroys everything and has higher DPS than my rouge archer with the same bow, same trait distribution and maxed archer pasive. Thank you so much for your help.

Vanish

Will do, haven't had time to play due to work but I'll try to do those quests

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Either save before starting Swine Trouble or spoil it entirely from the Wiki; the reward bow is only for one of three outcomes.

Vanish

I checked the wiki since I didn't get it as a reward from the quest on my first try, the trait check complicates things. I think I'll go for the Mist Hunter's instead. I'm only 3 rep away from being able to do it.

Also, should I get massive crits? Will it work with bows? And, if I should get it, can I get the STR required, learn the skill, re-spec traits and keep the skill? Would the skill still work normally?