Varannari reputation

Paulo Raccoon

When speaking with Praetor Silena, it is also possible to gain +5 with Varannari depending on the answer you choose to give her.
At first this prevents you from doing the Price of Freedom quest, but by paying the fine in Town Hall, or by increasing your reputation in Mercia, the mission is available again.
So it is possible to enter the Elder Forest already having a +34 reputation with the Varannari.
This means you can reach a +29 before entering the Elder Forest. A reputation of +10 is required to enter peacefully. After entering the forest, completing Father of Wolves grants +5, so after this quest your minimum rep is +15 and maximum is +34.

GBH25195

I have done the Last of the Legion and Father Of Wolves quests, but am stuck on Psth of the Deer. I have the quest listed in my journal, but am unsure as to go about completing it. There was a post about a sword and portal stones. I think I have the sword and the portal stones are not working. I cannot meditate with Laughing deer and do not know what to do with the sword.

VDX_360

Staff member
@GBH25195 , are you able to start the dialogue with Laughing Deer? There are a few trait checks. END 3, PERS 3, INT 3. But I think the INT 3 is optional - it just makes it more obvious which option you need.

Mon

It was a good update. Like everyone else, I can't wait for the Orc kingdom to be released. Though it will take long time, it is worth the wait. By the way, what is that beast master skill? I need the spoiler I looked everywhere can't find it.

@GBH25195 , are you able to start the dialogue with Laughing Deer? There are a few trait checks. END 3, PERS 3, INT 3. But I think the INT 3 is optional - it just makes it more obvious which option you need.
I was always nasty with varannaris and after completing all quests apart from path of deer I have only +3 reputation.. (I killed them in Mercia, eastern Inori quests) any work around apart from restarting game if I want to complete Path of deer?
I ignored them before the latest update as they didn't have settlements like elder forest and not much gain due to repo xD

VDX_360

Staff member
So yeah, you boxed yourself into a corner there.

You made quest choices. Not being able to access Laughing Deer's option is a consequence.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
BTW, Varessa is cheating with Heal Wounds 4 or just a mistake?)
There are several enemies which officially have a level 4 "heal wounds" skill, even if the player can only reach level 3. I *think* in this case level 4 means that the creature is healing completely when casting it (not just a fixed amount of hp). Can anybody confirm this? @DavidBVal maybe?

GBH25195

Update on my Path of the Deer quest. I do have the quest available in my journal, so I must have started it somehow. I have managed to get my rep with Varanarri up to 27, and am going to reset my traits so that I will have Wisdom 3, Personality 3, and I already have Intellect 6. Hopefully by doing that I will be able to communicate with Laughing Deer in his trance state.