Vampire Mage, but not really...

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I played that combo once, called it the Telekinetic Mage! It was hilarious at times, some enemies could never reach me loll.

I didn't use a summon though, and my companion was Archer Adaon with his mighty skill "Kick" loll. I also had (obviously) Mage Barrier lol, for it's pushback effect. This telekinetic pushback strategy works, but only against a single enemy, and only against melee enemies. Ranged attackers don't care about being pushed. And fast enemies, like Stridsibum, will still reach you even if you push them with everything you've got. The giant ones are immune to pushback, but they can still be slowed. So it's not a viable strategy in all cases. But against a normal-sized slow melee boss, it is absolutely hilarious loll

Just for the fun of it, the Telekinetic Mage build is worth a try!
Post automatically merged:    

@Atomos Yes, I tend to play defensive in most games, even in Magic the Gathering and DnD. Guess it's my natural style. Big strong battle mage in plate armor, in a force field, throwing big energy blasts to blow stuff up. :)

My favorite EK item is the Thuramiam Plate Armor, because it's tough and pretty. :)

Anybody else has a natural play style?

Last edited:

Atomos

@Apocalypse natural play style? I guess spellsword would be my thing. Fighting + convenience spells combo is quite easy in the Elder Scrolls, tricky in the Forgotten Realms, and awkward in Spellforce (I did manage to make a ninja disappearing in plain sight though!), Final Fantasy depends on mechanics available. In EK cleric is the closest thing.
There's no chin behind my beard, only another fist! 👊

Atomos

@Apocalypse shh 🤫 we're getting off topic. Btw I just remembered I made another spellsword build in EK. I'll post it in here:
Looks a bit sketchy, but pretty useable.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
@Atomos Oh right, gotta stay on topic lol.

@IAmOdie So, have you started your Vampire Mage? You made me start one loll.

I used my Vampire Assassin save to start a new game, played it quick, I just got into the Ark! It was a very weak build, I wanted to stay as "vampiric" as possible, so no flashy elemental spells. Just the Iron Golem, Disintegrate to make my blade stronger, Massive Criticals and a few utility skills. I went for a 2-Handed build, otherwise my damage output would have been too weak. But the Iron Golem dealt most of the damage anyway lol. I was surprised though how durable the build turned out! With Vampiric Blade to replenish HP, and without any elemental spells to spend mana, my character went on and on and on!

But the Ark...? I can't really disintegrate every robot. I don't see how it will be possible with the Vampiric Blade build. Without shock damage, I don't think it is possible at all.

PS: I only traveled by night, and always kept my hoodie on under sunlight. Because, you know, vampire. :)

Kakost

Mage. ALWAYS.

In. Every. Single. Freaking. Game.

My first ever D&D game I played as... Mage. AD&D at the time (2e).

When I played Diablo 1 I played... Mage.

Diablo 2... Ok, Necromancer, but that's still a mage of sorts.

Oblivium... Mage. Skyrim... Mage.

And EK, guess what was my first class?

My reasoning is: heck, Im playing a fantasy game so... Would I rather do something mundane like swinging swords or fire arrows, or do I want to USE SOME FREAKING AWESOME MAGIC SPELLS?

Cleric and relative priesthood classes has always been my least favorite class in every single game... I dont know why, but I cant stand the idea of playing clerics.

Now that I thought about it, I guess it's because Mages are self made men, instead of having their Mojo delivered to them by alien beings

IAmOdie

@IAmOdie So, have you started your Vampire Mage? You made me start one loll.
I sadly haven't been in touch with my phone that often. Heck, I only get to play bot command on Discord right now.
Cleric and relative priesthood classes has always been my least favorite class in every single game... I dont know why, but I cant stand the idea of playing clerics.
Are you Trusty Patches from Dark Souls series or something? Because that's what exactly what he would say. Lmao. And what about Hirge?

IAmOdie

I'm a natural Tank who either deals massive amount of damage in a single or multiple attacks, supports the team or a companion with either damage boost or defensive boost, immobilizes an enemy or two by whatever means necessary, or heals the team.

In this game, I can play Warrior, Rogue, Cleric, or Mage just fine. But except for Mage, the first time I play these classes are always me tanking the damage so my companion can either deal more damage to the enemies, or heal me. My first Mage was a Stand User pure Summoner who can summon three Stands Summons: Firehouse Fire Elementals, Ice T Ice Elementals, and Iron Maiden Iron Golem. There is also McMental Lesser Sparkling, but I rarely ever use it.