Vampire Mage, but not really...

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
@Apocalypse IT can't fix the main power source ;x

If you can kick it it's a job for the guys with spanners.

- - -

But IMO the pinnacle of companion AI was...

My favourite was "Ballbiter", my Mabari war hound, whose first condition was to ignore everyone and attack mages. Being a dog and no ranged capability he'd gallop up to and, well, he'd live up to his name. (Not even really to kill them, just to interrupt their spells). I can't remember the exact conditions I used but I think it was to Charge Mages then Overwhelm and Shred in combat, so it would just fight as normal but it would target Mages thanks to Charge.
Post automatically merged:    

Thanks @Atomos you gave me my "Love It" trophy for 500 Likes.

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
@Apocalypse IT can't fix the main power source ;x

That's where the Vampiric powers of Odie will come in! We'll wire his left hand to the Ark's powerbar while we throw goblins to his right so he stabs them with his Death Blade! Their lifeforce will be channeled right into the ship's battery!

If goblin blood doesn't work, I need you to get us a bunch of Spark Elementals ;)

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
@Rk01 Oh no no don't worry, that last plan was craaazy.

This one is GUARANTEED to work!

We repair the Ark, @stonedwolf hacks its mainframe, we power it with Spark Elemental blood thanks to @IAmOdie's new vampiric ability, while YOU steal a Numina Stone and kidnap a Dimensional Parasite by opening the Deep Gate.

Then we feed the stone to the horror and watch what happens. I'll be taking notes. Can't wait to find out what an Horror God looks like!

IAmOdie

@p4ran0id , Ssssshhh! Let him take on the Steel Spiders and find out :)

Arcane Knights that choose death weapons will struggle in areas where death damage is moot. That's part of the pros-and-cons of mage builds.

Thankfully, a mage doesn't loose the ability to use wands/staffs/spells, so they may have to go with a back-up option to take on some areas.
Pardon the late reply. Steel Spiders are the second thing I have to worry about the most, especially if Iron Golem would be an option. The entirety of Forbidden Pit would be the true headache, here, and I feel like the Companion wouldn't be much help, either, not even Hirge. And then there is also the Sewers of Horror, as well as Elemental Plane of Fire that I have to worry about.

Between Wand, Staffs, or Spells, which one is better for an Arcane Knight? I'm inclined to use between Staffs and/or Spells, especially Lightning one for the latter case.
Post automatically merged:    

There used to be a mage companion. But as soon as he joined the first player he polymorphed him into a pig and teleported out. He was never seen again. It is said the pig can still be found roaming endlessly in Thuram...

Never trust a wizard.
Unless it's me.
You can always trust me.
This is actually an interesting point. When we pointed out to Ilemma about the possibility of her polymorphing spells to permanently change Rosy into a pig, and insisted on it, she was so mad that she sent you out far off Icemist, to the South, Friguld. But what if Gurr is actually the living proof of the successful and everlasting polymorphing spell that Ilemma created, and Primzar perfected it?

Last edited:

Atomos

@IAmOdie on the last run I did recently with Arcane Knight, to eliminate a steel spider I was using either: two lv3 Lighting bolts and one hit with Hunter's Machete, or lv3 Combustion, and lv3 Lighting bolt, and few hits. First method requires some running, second uses more mana and has a tedious cooldown, but both allowed me to fight efficiently. You could probably get successful with using Death Fog + Lighting bolt + wand combo. As for the Forbidden Pit: Death Knights are screwed here. The best you can do is getting Hirge with Paladin Sword, death resistance gear, Crusader 3, Intervention 3, and bravely make her drink mana potions, and annoy the heck out of shadows with that Branch of the Holy Tree xD

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Guys guys, you're doing it wrong...
Killing Steel Spiders is super easy, barely an inconvenience! Just have a good ol' Mage Barrier active and ignore them! They'll blow themselves up lol

Atomos

Guys guys, you're doing it wrong...
Killing Steel Spiders is super easy, barely an inconvenience! Just have a good ol' Mage Barrier active and ignore them! They'll blow themselves up lol
Oh yeah, that's right! A good Death Knight should also get Toxic Ward, Ice Ward, Massive Criticals, Gate, Arcanist, and Summoner for their sparkling!

Kakost

@IAmOdie on the last run I did recently with Arcane Knight, to eliminate a steel spider I was using either: two lv3 Lighting bolts and one hit with Hunter's Machete, or lv3 Combustion, and lv3 Lighting bolt, and few hits.
Combustion 3? But they take no Fire damage, and Combustion 3 takes massive mana. What I did for those damn spiders was simply Zap 3, run, zap 3. Then if there's some Steel Wizards, Sparkling 1 and basic staff hits. Sometimes just 1 zap and a few hits with my tesla staff.

Atomos

@Kakost Combustion lowers resistances and armor, so the Lighting Bolt and hits with Arcane Blade did extra damage. What did you do when you didn't have space for running?