Vampire Mage, but not really...

Atomos

@lostmedi once main character's sister finishes her shift in about a decade or so, she could probably be available, but don't count on her to accompany you to the Ark! To many bad memories ;)

BTW Massive Criticals skill won't be very useful since you can't pair it with Precision Strikes. I suggest you take a closer look at defensive skills (Body Development, Spirit Ward, Mage Armor, and Extra Recovery), and crowd control skills (Death Fog, and Summon spells). See how many skill points you can spare.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
@lostmedi , short answer: No.

The game is "complete" and is not expected to have new content for years and years, if ever.

p4ran0id

Staff member
@lostmedi once main character's sister finishes her shift in about a decade or so, she could probably be available, but don't count on her to accompany you to the Ark!

Please no, ever used active skills on Hirge? I can't even count how often she activated sacred fire on fire elementals, or stopped in toxic cloud just trying to heal before she dies without finishing it.

A mage companion would be more a burden than help

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Please no, ever used active skills on Hirge? I can't even count how often she activated sacred fire on fire elementals...

To be clear, you built Hirge with Sacred Fire and you took her to the hellpits and it's her fault things warmed-up? :cool:

Please tell me you were a Fireball mage armed with a Caduceus of Scorching and 2 potions of Resist Cold and this was on Ironman... 🔥🔥🥰🔥🔥

p4ran0id

Staff member
To be clear, you built Hirge with Sacred Fire and you took her to the hellpits and it's her fault things warmed-up? :cool:

Please tell me you were a Fireball mage armed with a Caduceus of Scorching and 2 potions of Resist Cold and this was on Ironman... 🔥🔥🥰🔥🔥
The fault was to gave her any active skills, the companions are dumb in EK, don't expect of them to do what you want, for that the whole game mechanics has to be rebuild. But something like that needs to change whole game mechanics and more, it's way more complex than adding new areas and quest or to make a new game

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
There used to be a mage companion. But as soon as he joined the first player he polymorphed him into a pig and teleported out. He was never seen again. It is said the pig can still be found roaming endlessly in Thuram...

Never trust a wizard.
Unless it's me.
You can always trust me.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I said that two posts up. 👍 I'm a coder who has looked at gaming AI in the past (ReaperBot era onwards - if you know, you know) and I know what a substantial project it can be.

For players, we know what companions are like and we can play around that, so if you want Flame of Faith on her you take another character to any of the hellpits. But she'd have been fine in an icecave. No character has death magic so no worries about Ghosts. I was thinking about how to make this work slightly better with not much code change. Not that this WILL ever happen unless David releases an SDK or permits another person/community group to make an update... but... an easy and powerful option would be to change Active Skills activation.

1. Permit on a per-Skill basis that active Skill is deactivated (from automatic use).
2. Permit players to activate companion Active Skills.

So if you deactivated Flames of Faith for a hellpit run you could still activate it if you came to a non-Flame bit. Or even if you have Hirge on still doing automatic Heals if she has Mana and isn't using it for the moment, you can force her to use it anyway because you or a Quest companion is weak. But on a deathcloud dungeon run you could turn her Heal off, at least for a bit.