Using new save option

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Now with new save system (10 character slots, 3 save slots per character plus one autosave) we need to confirm if we want to use this slot for saving.

Is it possible that we have an option if we want to use this confirmation or not? I would choose not to confirm each time, just to save. Maybe someone would like to confirm each time to use that slot, but for me it's annoying. One more step, we now have two more steps to save game. Choose to save before was enough, now we need to choose which slot and confirm.

Also, about continuing game option when loading game, this option isn't based on latest saved position, but it looks like on last autosave option and autosave is made after sleeping in tavern.

As the name suggest, I'd like that this option uses latest saved slot, whichever it is. As I frequently save, I need to look a bit more what is my latest saved position slot. With just using latest saved position as continue game slot it would be a bit easier.

Azog

According to the new save system, and as long as an eventually autosave function for zoneing isnt added, i also have to say that it is a bit more annoying now, since on manual saving you now have to tap 4 times instead of 2.
Just a little sugesstion, would you mind adding a quick save button to the ingame menu (or even on the game screen wich you could tap only once) and wich always saves on an own quick save slot?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
yes, I'm going to add a quicksave button that saves on the 1st slot.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, here is my full proposal for minimizing the clicks and making the new saves more usable and practical.

From Continue Game, if you tap on the character button, you will not be asked to choose a saved game, but directly continue the game or, if you died, open the autosave (slot 1). But I will add a small "three dots" button to the right of each slot, that will allow to start from another save, or delete the character.

I do this because sometimes files get corrupted, and the "continue game" slot could be damaged and the rest inaccessible. So there must be a way to continue from any saveslot.

There will be a small quicksave button on the UI, probably near the settings button. It will always save on your slot 2 (slot 1 is autosave, 2 will be quicksave, 3 and 4 will be manual slots).

Autosave curently saves after sleeping, it will also save after entering a dungeon.

I plan to implement these things over the next builds, any feedback is welcome.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Continuing game sounds fine (using last saved position), but if I understand correctly, if we die, we load game after last sleep, unless choose three dot option and choosing manually last saved position?

This sounds bit undesired to me. Because if we die, I'd like to load last saved position by default and only if I want some other position, I'd choose it manually (using three dots).

Or I didn't understand it well?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
All of this has gone live on 0.6.878, except the autosave when dungeon is entered. I still have to make some tests about that.

Azog

There were some nice updates and alot of improvements over the last weeks. May i ask at this point, do you have a roghly plan when 1.0 will be released?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I expect 1.0 to be out in June/July.

Game engine just lacks mage and crafting, but content is at 55%, and it's hard to estimate. Could be faster than I expect, or slower.

Azog

Sounds great.. In 1.0, will there already be the full content, like all the areas around the actual world map where you get informed when zoning?