Update the title screen!

Johnakaagila

I am obsessed with your game! There i said it, its like crack on buttered toast and i just cant have enough of it.

Just a small thing that bugs me a bit is the opening screen! The map looks like it was drawn on microaoft paint, i think id do the game some good if you made it look like amap drawn on some kind of ancient scroll, like maps in skyrim. Itll leave a much better lore friendly feel in the game.

Just throwing it out there, and i know the saying "dont judge a book by its cover", but unfortunately not everyone shares the same compliment.

Anyway, keep up the great work! Cheers.

Kody101

Johnakaagila":2mbcljoe said:
I am obsessed with your game! There i said it, its like crack on buttered toast and i just cant have enough of it.

Just a small thing that bugs me a bit is the opening screen! The map looks like it was drawn on microaoft paint, i think id do the game some good if you made it look like amap drawn on some kind of ancient scroll, like maps in skyrim. Itll leave a much better lore friendly feel in the game.

Just throwing it out there, and i know the saying "dont judge a book by its cover", but unfortunately not everyone shares the same compliment.

ohh i like that well said well said in deed would definatly gave the game a better rpg feel to it

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
Kody101":32ouj42y said:
Johnakaagila":32ouj42y said:

ohh i like that well said well said in deed would definatly gave the game a better rpg feel to it

Well... back in the day, you know the "Classic" era, this style map WAS the bomb... I mean, it had everything, it wasn't a crudely drawn line map done in crayon on construction paper. Something like Campaign Cartographer... Since this game is trying for the "Classic" feel I personally think the look of the map is perfectly fine and appeals to the audience that the game is targeting...

I started roleplaying back in 1982 guys, yeah yeah I'm showing my age and I started young, but the point is, I am quite familiar with the classics, both pen and paper as well as the original games for computers... This is awesome.

Kody101

Aalandryll":22bvouks said:
Kody101":22bvouks said:
Johnakaagila":22bvouks said:

Well... back in the day, you know the "Classic" era, this style map WAS the bomb... I mean, it had everything, it wasn't a crudely drawn line map done in crayon on construction paper. Something like Campaign Cartographer... Since this game is trying for the "Classic" feel I personally think the look of the map is perfectly fine and appeals to the audience that the game is targeting...

I started roleplaying back in 1982 guys, yeah yeah I'm showing my age and I started young, but the point is, I am quite familiar with the classics, both pen and paper as well as the original games for computers... This is awesome.
well i agree it does look good i wont lie but ive allways liked the scroll look but the game is very fun

ArrowsFTW

If you guys like the game style, you guys should try Bard's Tale. Its like a modern version with the same battle system with plenty of companions plus you get a puppy as follower

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
ArrowsFTW":2qjh5l0d said:
If you guys like the game style, you guys should try Bard's Tale. Its like a modern version with the same battle system with plenty of companions plus you get a puppy as follower

Bard's Tale, or at least the version you are talking about is a modern day remake of a Classic scrolling dungeon crawler... I remember the original and its sequel very well indeed. Granted, I love the remake and its snarky sense of humor... and the songs... the songs are awesome...

Johnakaagila

I understand the whole old school classical map feel he was going for but here as a VERY CRUDE EXAMPLE of what it could be. I personally think its reaaaaally gunna be so much better if it was. (again this is just an amateur rendering)

Johnakaagila

Isnt it? It just makes the world feel old an ancient.... Like many have come across these lands before you, and many more will follow. It really gives that awesome "explore these ancient lands" vibe.