Update 1.3 on iOS

Ocelot100

I was wondering if there are any updates or is there still a possibility of getting the 1.3 update on iOS?

From what I’ve seen it sounds like Apple is being a pain in the ass about it.

I’ve been wanting to play the new update so may just end up buying on steam if it isn’t coming.

Thanks!

VDX_360

Staff member
That's a great question! However, it's one that only @DavidBVal the Developer can answer.
All the rest us can just say we have fingers crossed it happens sooner or later?

Between Apple and smart phone limitations, there's been a large swath of independent games left out in the cold. Not much to do about it, either. Sorry.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I made a serious attempt last month. Unfortunately when building the game with the latest iOS tools I got many crashes and it seems the compatibility of some components I use with iOS is not working as well as it did in previous versions. Like I explained originally, in order to make a game cross-platform with the tools at my disposal in 2013, I chose certain options that right now are not officially supported or have been discontinued. I will make another attempt, once Archaelund Early Access is out sometime next year. My apologies for this failure.

Ocelot100

No need to apologize, I appreciate the update! Hopefully it is something you can figure out later on. I am looking forward to Archaelund!

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
My apologies for this failure.

dIijxRu.jpg

Manatt

😭😭😭
Post automatically merged:    

I made a serious attempt last month. Unfortunately when building the game with the latest iOS tools I got many crashes and it seems the compatibility of some components I use with iOS is not working as well as it did in previous versions. Like I explained originally, in order to make a game cross-platform with the tools at my disposal in 2013, I chose certain options that right now are not officially supported or have been discontinued. I will make another attempt, once Archaelund Early Access is out sometime next year. My apologies for this failure.
Dang, this is not what I wanted to hear 😭… lol

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
I can assure you that David is trying to find a way how to make update work on iOS.

But, if he will be able to solve it, and when, it's completely different thing. :(

So, hope is there, David is working on it, but for now, we have to wait and see what will happen. Sorry.