Unsanitary drops

Atomos

Some enemies drop items, that have low value, utility, or are simply gross or bothersome to deal with. If you agree, tell us at what level you stopped picking those up. If the list is incomplete, please share your opinion too!

Items are sorted in a order, in which I decide to forget about picking those up:

- low tier items - a level 5 player, probably won't bother with these:
1. Zombie Flesh - yuck!
2. Skull - less yucky, but low value
3. Goblin weapons - useless except for the very beginning of the game
4. Iron weapons - unless you're running a junkyard, you don't need these

- mid tier items - level 10 player will probably forget the existence of these:
5. Bandits hoods and capes - bandits usually hang out by the rivers, but I doubt they can deal with greasy hair. Better stuff is available pretty quickly
6. Goblin boots - useful in a pinch, but not forever

- high tier - level 15 players will have a hard time lugging around all this stuff:
7. Spiders sacks of poison - I'm quite conflicted here. On one hand, these might be useful if crafting is ever fully introduced, on the other hand, this stuff is low value
8. Luminous Fungus, and Deadweed - the potions brewed with these won't be much use against dragons, look for power elsewhere
9. Hardened leather armors - you better dump this low value crap as soon as you start running low on inventory space
10. Grey Wolf pelts - unless you look for Varannari Hunters, these will remain low value stuff that takes 2 slots sometimes
EDIT1:
11. Journeyman Gauntlets - back in the day, when wizards isolated themselves more than today, nobody could tell these rags were magical, and that's because it's low value stuff used to wiped off mutagens and other nasty reagents

Last edited:

Kyoji

Eh about Wolf pelts ... Well I would prefer to run another type of item based gold making farming and there Is quite the choice actually .
The worst drop actually I got was that goblin leader head wich I sold weeks ago but this morning I discovered It is necessary for get Sonnet shortsword .

DaleTilgo2022

- high tier - level 15 players will have a hard time lugging around all this stuff:
7. Spiders sacks of poison - I'm quite conflicted here. On one hand, these might be useful if crafting is ever introduced, on the other hand, this stuff is low value

I think they go for 10 gold a piece and stack. I'm all about the money talks so between the sack of holding and my backpack I'll arrange sellable items in order of value. If the spider sac is in my last slot and their number exceeds the value of a new candidate then they stay.

8. Luminous Fungus, and Deadweed - the potions brewed with these won't be much use against dragons, look for power elsewhere
9. Hardened leather armors - you better dump this low value crap as soon as you start running low on inventory space

I think hardened leather cuirass goes for 75 gold. You could do worse.

10. Grey Wolf pelts - unless you look for Varannari Hunters, these will remain low value stuff that takes 2 slots sometimes

At this level the damaged grey pelts may not be worth it but I'll always stack perfect grey pelts and white pelts until I run into the Varannari traders or plan a trip to the Elder Forest.

Atomos

I think hardened leather cuirass goes for 75 gold. You could do worse.

At this level the damaged grey pelts may not be worth it but I'll always stack perfect grey pelts and white pelts until I run into the Varannari traders or plan a trip to the Elder Forest.
Once you start making regular trips to Mausoleum, Mercian Royal Tomb, or any spot with a lot of Skeleton Warriors you'll have loads of items worth 200 gp every run ;).
White wolf pelts are always good, perfect pelts are rare and require constant checking to see if you're picking up the right stuff, I'm not ambitious like that xD.

Mr. Melee

Some enemies drop items, that have low value, utility, or are simply gross or bothersome to deal with. If you agree, tell us at what level you stopped picking those up. If the list is incomplete, please share your opinion too!

Items are sorted in a order, in which I decide to forget about picking those up:

- low tier items - a level 5 player, probably won't bother with these:
1. Zombie Flesh - yuck!
2. Skull - less yucky, but low value
3. Goblin weapons - useless except for the very beginning of the game
4. Iron weapons - unless you're running a junkyard, you don't need these

- mid tier items - level 10 player will probably forget the existence of these:
5. Bandits hoods and capes - bandits usually hang out by the rivers, but I doubt they can deal with greasy hair. Better stuff is available pretty quickly
6. Goblin boots - useful in a pinch, but not forever

7. Spiders sacks of poison - I'm quite conflicted here. On one hand, these might be useful if crafting is ever introduced, on the other hand, this stuff is low value
I usually drop the luminescent fungus after completing the gathering ingredients quest and I’m barely level 4 by that time

Kyoji

The two problems with all of these things are : 1 ' there Is not a crafting system directly administrable by the player of not by single side quests .
2' I do not think Who created the game really wants the player could do crafting , re crafting and powering up/ refining items as much as you want like in Skyrim , for the same reason that after LV 25 you will not gain more points in stats or sorta ( as much as I know ... I would Say lets wait to touch LV 26 for being sure of that ).

However this really makes me think about to write down seriously a precise list of Easy things you must have in a RpG of this type in this Age , keeping in mind what I suppose the developer / developers does not wants of course but you cannot spend time to collect tons of Wolf pelts , spider poison sacks or hardened learher boots Just for earn Just some Little coins and without have the chance of doing something else with them .

Atomos

Point no. 11 added to the list.
The two problems with all of these things are : 1 ' there Is not a crafting system directly administrable by the player of not by single side quests .
Actually, a little bit of crafting is introduced into the game, but it's limited. Alchemists in Lannegar, Nivarian, Freetown, New Anthur, White Tower, and Elder Forest can make some interesting stuff repeatedly. It would be cool if Gilmour and Kalis could make poisons. Some ambitious cleric of the Three could be making potions of death resistance with Zombie Flesh, Skulls, and Demon Skulls. We have to bother David about this! Those poor mirmeks need a drink! xD

Kyoji

Well actually I do not think someone would be Happy in drinking something made by z flesh , skulls and Demon skulls , but It could be and idea if It could be sellable for nice Gold coins , because this Is the real point of where I wish to bring this topic : " there are plenty of items that are not worthy their farming time by one side and by the other we have Gold coins wich run out so easily for various reasons ".
Personally I guess One of the best cure for this situation Is at least a craft for business mode ...really , how many h learher boots you get in the game ? They are around 40 Gold coin , what if we could customize them without paying an NpC for selling them at a better price ? Same goes for those iron or steel swords / maces and axes dropped by low LV skeletons , thieves , orcs etc etc ... Lets enchant them for Better incomes or even Just for add a Little bit of more fun , more over ... there Is a thing we all miss : Isn ' t strange a Place where there are a lot of guilds and factions but no One of them looks hostile each other ? ( Exception made for Varannari Who are not well touched by Mercia and sometimes by Nivarian Town hall quests )
Then why do not introduce a continuos Need by them of weapons , armours and items wich they could by from the player paying Better Gold coins and giving some Little points of reputation for each trade.