Unable to get into my old account

IronJosh1988

I'm not sure of my old username it was probably "SinDefiant". But even still I tried to make a new account with each of my email addressess (about 3 I used them for extra points on some game can't even recall it atm) and they all say that they've been used already or the yahoo ones I guess arent secure enough for use on this site? Anyway thats fine idc about that but I would like to use my usual gaming email instead of my wifes. Anyhoo its not like I'm going to stop giving the game my support just because I forgot my old usernames and whatnot but if its a easy fix I'd appreciate it. I'd rather not post my email for all to see but I'd be happy to give it to a mod in a pm or some such.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Send me PM, and I'll see if there's email address.

Also, I checked for SinDefiant, it is newly registered account (two days ago), so I wouldn't call it "old", at least if we talk about this forum. And it didn't confirmed e-mail address.

About security in using emails, this site is as secure as it goes for phpBB forums. I wouldn't claim that no one, no matter what he does, couldn't break in, but all in all, I would assume that site is safe within reasonable limits.

When speaking about usernames and passwords, this is solely responsibility of users to know and remember them. I personally don't remember all my passwords, and I create unique passwords for all my sites, so I use software for storing them. I recommend KeePass as it is free, open source and powerful enough for most people: http://keepass.info/

IronJosh1988

I guess I could have said previous but that really just seems nit picky to not call it old. Anyway I'll just use this one

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
When you said you have old account, I first thought that you're some old user in sense you logged here maybe year or more (or at least few months) before. And that after so much time for some reason you forgot your user name and password that goes with it.

I must say, finding out that you first registered two days ago was a bit surprise for me. That's only reason I commented that I wouldn't call two days old registration old.

Also, I would strongly advise that you start keeping your usernames and passwords in some written form, either on paper (not advised), or in some software (I suggested one I use).

And yes, you can always confirm your old username if you decide so, just follow link you received on your mail address, that is original problem why your first username can't be used, you didn't confirmed email address you used for registration...

IronJosh1988

well I couldn't find the email in any of my addresses or I would've solved it myself. ib possibly put the wrong email in because I like to "relax" after work which is why I said I'll just use this one. the security issues I brought up was the registration wasn't accepting my yahoo account. it said something different then already in use I don't recall what it said but gave me the impression that this forum doesn't like yahoo mail because of their many security issues. anyway not a big deal.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Mails can sometime end in spam folder, this is the most often case when people try to register to some forum and can't find email. I think that free email services try a bit too hard to solve spam problem by placing emails with links into spam folder.

You can check your spam folder and see if mail is still there. Of course, if you typed correct mail address. Misspelling correct address is second most common reason for having registration problems.